Mom gave the finger and her son got shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reminds me of something that happened to me some years back.

I was traveling east on a one-way four lane street and this old beater pulls up behind me and starts riding my rear bumper. Since it was early in the afternoon, there was very little traffic so he could have passed me easily. My standard response to something like this is to slow down so he can pass, and I did that here, but he kept on my tail for about half a mile. I slowed down more and he still is tailgating me.

Finally I turn south on the freeway, and my shadow was still there, so I slow down to 40 (the minimum speed) and continue like that for a couple of miles. It enters his head that he is not going to force me to go faster, which I think was his goal all along, so he changes lanes and passes me. I looked over and saw that he was furious yelling and screaming at me, and giving me the finger. I looked at him and went on.

That was one time that I was glad I was armed.
I’ll usually handle tailgaters the same way you described, but if they refuse like he did I’ll usually lightly press the brake pedal with my left foot enough to activate the brake lights, while simultaneously mashing the throttle. They slow down and there’s usually a huge gap by the time they realize what’s going on!

bobfuente

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reminds me of something that happened to me some years back.

I was traveling east on a one-way four lane street and this old beater pulls up behind me and starts riding my rear bumper. Since it was early in the afternoon, there was very little traffic so he could have passed me easily. My standard response to something like this is to slow down so he can pass, and I did that here, but he kept on my tail for about half a mile. I slowed down more and he still is tailgating me.

Finally I turn south on the freeway, and my shadow was still there, so I slow down to 40 (the minimum speed) and continue like that for a couple of miles. It enters his head that he is not going to force me to go faster, which I think was his goal all along, so he changes lanes and passes me. I looked over and saw that he was furious yelling and screaming at me, and giving me the finger. I looked at him and went on.

That was one time that I was glad I was armed.
It's been said that one pistol can't cover all the bases, maybe so. But I do feel like that adage is relevant if one is forced off the road in a road rage incident, and by that I mean FMJ. I don't carry FMJ in my personal carry. But in my car pistol I do. This may get howls of derision and I accept that for having made the statement.

bobfuente

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The second incident that I caught part of on my iPhone involved people in an SUV coming up on me as I was driving home after work and it was still dark. Two years ago. For no reason they tried - well fast forward, I was armed with a snubby loaded with Hornady Critical Defense. If they got me off the road I knew I was outgunned. That's when I started keeping a military service pistol with FMJ in the car. It's secure in a flat gun safe while I'm at work. But when I come home it is obtainable - not locked up.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been said that one pistol can't cover all the bases, maybe so. But I do feel like that adage is relevant if one is forced off the road in a road rage incident, and by that I mean FMJ. I don't carry FMJ in my personal carry. But in my car pistol I do. This may get howls of derision and I accept that for having made the statement.

Not from me. I carry one moon clip in my 986 loaded with Federal Hydra-Shoks and in my pocket, I carry 9mm hardball rounds.

bobfuente

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not from me. I carry one moon clip in my 986 loaded with Federal Hydra-Shoks and in my pocket, I carry 9mm hardball rounds.
I understand the guy loosing his marbles when I blew my horn at him. It was an overreaction on his part and maybe he had other problems. But the SUV incident was unprovoked. I figure they may have mistook me for someone else. Who knows?

Latest posts

Top Bottom