Montana - Lessons to learn - AKA EFsDad Futile letter to Gov. Schweitzer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All,
I hope that you do what you can when you can to help the 2nd Amendment, even if sometimes you realize it is futile. Here is my example.

I read this: http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/2011/AmdHtmH/HB0271GovVeto.pdf

It is a letter that the Gov. of Montana sent to the Montana Sec of State vetoing non-permitted concealed carry.

Here is my letter to the Gov.
Honorable Governor Schweitzer,

I recently read an article that linked to your letter dated May 10, 2011 to the The Honorable Linda McCulloch. In that letter you wrote "Finally, I would like the sponsors of this bill to consider the absurdity of the standard set
forth in HB 271. If this standard were applied to the issuance of other permits and licenses in our society, then nobody could be prosecuted for failure to produce a driver's license, a commercial driver's license, a pilot's license, a building permit, a hunting license, or any other type of permit. These documents would not be necessary. People would simply have to produce evidence that they were "eligible" to possess them."

Governor, with all due respect, the Constitution of the United States of America does not grant the people of the United States, nor the people of Montana the right to drive, drive a commercial vehicle, fly a plane, build a house or to hunt. What it does say and I quote, "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Now I am not a lawyer nor am I a constitutional scholar, but I do understand the phrase "shall not be infringed."

I wish you did. I wish the Oklahoma legislature and Governor knew that as well.

Good luck with reelection.

Sincerely,

EFsDad

If you would like to tell the Gov. what you think here is the link:
http://governor.mt.gov/contact/commentsform.asp

Mirge

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All,
I hope that you do what you can when you can to help the 2nd Amendment, even if sometimes you realize it is futile. Here is my example.

I read this: http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/2011/AmdHtmH/HB0271GovVeto.pdf

It is a letter that the Gov. of Montana sent to the Montana Sec of State vetoing non-permitted concealed carry.

Here is my letter to the Gov.
Honorable Governor Schweitzer,

I recently read an article that linked to your letter dated May 10, 2011 to the The Honorable Linda McCulloch. In that letter you wrote "Finally, I would like the sponsors of this bill to consider the absurdity of the standard set
forth in HB 271. If this standard were applied to the issuance of other permits and licenses in our society, then nobody could be prosecuted for failure to produce a driver's license, a commercial driver's license, a pilot's license, a building permit, a hunting license, or any other type of permit. These documents would not be necessary. People would simply have to produce evidence that they were "eligible" to possess them."

Governor, with all due respect, the Constitution of the United States of America does not grant the people of the United States, nor the people of Montana the right to drive, drive a commercial vehicle, fly a plane, build a house or to hunt. What it does say and I quote, "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Now I am not a lawyer nor am I a constitutional scholar, but I do understand the phrase "shall not be infringed."

I wish you did. I wish the Oklahoma legislature and Governor knew that as well.

Good luck with reelection.

Sincerely,

EFsDad

If you would like to tell the Gov. what you think here is the link:
http://governor.mt.gov/contact/commentsform.asp

I'd certainly like to see the response when you get it please :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom