Donors flee from OU amid radical DEI agenda: 'Better named DIE'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the way to make things work, cut the funds and they'll turn around in a hurry. I like it, if enough conservatives use this method it will change our universities and schools. Somehow those of us that can't donate huge sums need to be pro-active in some manner to stop the liberalism.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why in the fawk would anybody donate to an institution they graduated from? I don't send money to my High School, and If I had completed college which only attended one year, I would feel my loyalty to that school monetarily would end when I graduated and paid my tuition.
How is that any different than paying a mechanic to fix your car? You paid for a service performed, and upon completion, it's paid and it's over.
The amount of endowments (donations) to colleges is insane.
Harvard university is sitting on 53.2 billion dollars. Yes billions.
Meanwhile enrollment fees keep increasing. Why?
Endowment investment returns for the year—net realized and unrealized gains (after investment fees and expenses)—totaled a staggering $12.8 billion.
https://www.harvardmagazine.com/2021/10/harvard-endowment-surges-11-3-billion-university-surplus
Edit:
July 25, 2022
The University of Oklahoma received a record $317 million in gifts and pledges during the fiscal year that ended June 30, surpassing last year’s record of $237 million. The record-breaking fundraising performance, shepherded by the OU Foundation, positions the university for continued growth and success.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why in the fawk would anybody donate to an institution they graduated from? I don't send money to my High School, and If I had completed college which only attended one year, I would feel my loyalty to that school monetarily would end when I graduated and paid my tuition.
How is that any different than paying a mechanic to fix your car? You paid for a service performed, and upon completion, it's paid and it's over.
The amount of endowments (donations) to colleges is insane.
Harvard university is sitting on 53.2 billion dollars. Yes billions.
Meanwhile enrollment fees keep increasing. Why?
Endowment investment returns for the year—net realized and unrealized gains (after investment fees and expenses)—totaled a staggering $12.8 billion.
https://www.harvardmagazine.com/2021/10/harvard-endowment-surges-11-3-billion-university-surplus
Edit:
July 25, 2022
The University of Oklahoma received a record $317 million in gifts and pledges during the fiscal year that ended June 30, surpassing last year’s record of $237 million. The record-breaking fundraising performance, shepherded by the OU Foundation, positions the university for continued growth and success.
I've seen many people leave universities assets out of their estate when they die. It's very common. Look at T. Boone Pickens and what he did. I think a lot of times people think the education they got in college is what gave them the success they've had. Probably true in some cases and not in others.

Latest posts

Top Bottom