Donors flee from OU amid radical DEI agenda: 'Better named DIE'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why in the fawk would anybody donate to an institution they graduated from? I don't send money to my High School, and If I had completed college which only attended one year, I would feel my loyalty to that school monetarily would end when I graduated and paid my tuition.
How is that any different than paying a mechanic to fix your car? You paid for a service performed, and upon completion, it's paid and it's over.
The amount of endowments (donations) to colleges is insane.
Harvard university is sitting on 53.2 billion dollars. Yes billions.
Meanwhile enrollment fees keep increasing. Why?
Endowment investment returns for the year—net realized and unrealized gains (after investment fees and expenses)—totaled a staggering $12.8 billion.
https://www.harvardmagazine.com/2021/10/harvard-endowment-surges-11-3-billion-university-surplus
Edit:
July 25, 2022
The University of Oklahoma received a record $317 million in gifts and pledges during the fiscal year that ended June 30, surpassing last year’s record of $237 million. The record-breaking fundraising performance, shepherded by the OU Foundation, positions the university for continued growth and success.
I've never understood the whole school loyalty thing, even back in high school. Makes no sense to me.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why in the fawk would anybody donate to an institution they graduated from? I don't send money to my High School, and If I had completed college which only attended one year, I would feel my loyalty to that school monetarily would end when I graduated and paid my tuition.
How is that any different than paying a mechanic to fix your car? You paid for a service performed, and upon completion, it's paid and it's over.
The amount of endowments (donations) to colleges is insane.
Harvard university is sitting on 53.2 billion dollars. Yes billions.
Meanwhile enrollment fees keep increasing. Why?
Endowment investment returns for the year—net realized and unrealized gains (after investment fees and expenses)—totaled a staggering $12.8 billion.
https://www.harvardmagazine.com/2021/10/harvard-endowment-surges-11-3-billion-university-surplus
Edit:
July 25, 2022
The University of Oklahoma received a record $317 million in gifts and pledges during the fiscal year that ended June 30, surpassing last year’s record of $237 million. The record-breaking fundraising performance, shepherded by the OU Foundation, positions the university for continued growth and su
Yeah I never got the whole alumni attachment thing with my college. I didn't even go to my graduation. I left, got a job and said mail the diploma.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My niece is at OSU and she has been indoctrinated into a liberal now. :-(

Most state funded universities are liberal indoctrination camps but it wasn't this bad when I was at OSU in the early 2000s.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm an OU alum. The way they constantly soaked the students with fees and charges convinced me they'd never get another dime of my money once I'd gotten my degree. They keep asking though. Last week, along with the usual appeal for funds, I received a lengthy internet survey from them. Usually I'd just delete it, but all the woke BS lately prompted me to respond. I flamed them pretty thoroughly over the DEI stuff, so I expect they'll find some reason to disregard my answers.

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I never got the whole alumni attachment thing with my college. I didn't even go to my graduation. I left, got a job and said mail the diploma.
Yep, I got what I came for, they got their money from me already (Well Uncle Sam gave them the money, Thanks GI Bill.) Why would I stick around and keep giving them money? I got a buddy that went to OSU and even when he gets a new car, you can absolutely bet he's putting an OSU sticker on it immediately, despite having graduated years ago at this point.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friends daughter attended law school at OU, she went through hell in a few classes due to them trying to push their agenda.
I had a nephew walk away from OU when they were trying to force a diversity course on him back around
2002. They were always trying to mold him he said.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t realize OSU was the topic of this thread. It’s starting in grade schools.

Well, here's the connection.

OSU trains a ton of teachers for those grade schools,,,
And those teaching students are being indoctrinated with "wokeness"

By the time I retired there in 2021,,,
I saw faculty that I formerly had lots of respect for,,,
Knuckle under to the incessant demands of their "woke" colleagues.

The vocal minority "out-shouted" the conservatives,,,
And continue to get their woke attitudes turned into regulated policy.

Oklahoma State University has the College of Education,,,
I spent 2.5 years there as an undergraduate,,,
Three years there as a graduate student,,,
And 17 years as full-time staff.

I love that College with all the fervor of a proud alumni,,,
But the last three years I worked there were difficult.

When HR came and spoke to me,,,
For not referring to an obvious male as a female,,,
I drew the line and refused to comply with what I considered madness.

It was a good thing that I was nearing my retirement year,,,
The policies that my friends tell me are in effect now
I couldn't have abided by.

These woke faculty are training the grade school teachers of tomorrow,,,
I can't tell you how much it saddens me.

Aarond

P.S. It's now the College of Education and Human Sciences.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But just who is forcing the wokeness on the teachers and HR Dept.? And why do they buckle?
Thats what I can't figure out. Do they not resist the madness? Especially here in fly over country.

Latest posts

Top Bottom