Moore Coach protects kids, may face charges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who is playing baseball this time of year anyway????

Cedar Creek

The Red Sox, Cardinals, Dodgers, and Tigers were all playing at that time... but in our case, last week of fall ball, with a lot of those games being make-up games for ones previously cancelled for weather. I pulled in right after this happened. I coach my son's 7u team. It's laid back, not as hard-core as spring ball, but its good way to keep sharp, and serious players older than us play year round. My son plays to get a leg up, and he's too little to play football, not old enough for basketball, and just plain loves the game and sports in general. It's made him a hell of a ball player, and every little bit helps at his size, as he is the smallest on the team, and one of the smaller in our division. Most teams wouldnt want him just looking at him, and he gets some laughs when he gets to the plate with his bat "swagger" but only the first at bat. Second at bat, they shift their players back deep. As a coach, trying to keep 6 and 7 year olds attention when that stuff is going on is hard, yeah its annoying, but oh well, you just have to deal with it and go on.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Yes. The article aludes to "slashing at the trailer", but not attacking any individual. The article even states that knife guy backed away from the kids.

I don't think "if there was LE on the trailer" there would've been any gunplay either. I DO firmly agree that knife guy should be facing charges or at least more scrutiny, but I disagree with the knee-jerk emotional assertion that the coach should be free and clear given that it appears, according to the coach's own words, the threat to the trailer tires had ceased when he decided to "go after" knife guy and initiate a fist fight in front of a bunch of kids.

It ALL needs to be properly investigated and we need more facts. One thing I know for sure is this whole incident highlights what I hate about the organized youth sport culture and the immature idiots disguised as "adults" who seem to hover around that culture.

You do realize how close you are to the tires if you are sitting on a flat bed trailer, right?

"threat to the trailer tires"

LOL.

I agree that something is seriously screwy with the story.

No charges if he was slashing at a trailer full of kids? BS meter pegged
The fight was right in front of the kids, but the threat was gone? BS meter pegged
They were somehow able to distinguish the knife wielders intent was only against the trailer, when the trailer was full of kids? BS meter pegged

If you can find me an patrol officer who will honestly say that he wouldn't draw on an angry knife wielding stranger within 10 feet of a bunch of kids, then I've got some ocean front property in Arizona for you.

If the entire story isn't a lie, then few things undisputed in the story are "angry man" "slashing knife towards trailer tires" and "trailer full of kids".

As per the Moore OK Police Dept:
"Yes, he did try to stab the trailer, but not any children. He actually didn't do any damage to the trailer," said Jeremy Lewis of the Moore, OK Police Department. "There wasn't anyone saying he was trying to hurt the children he was basically upset with the noise and was trying to poke the tires on the trailer, so that's why he wasn't arrested that night."

So again, unless you are saying the Police are in on a media lie also, the facts are "upset" "trying to stab trailer", and "moving trailer full of kids."

That is one of the most black and white cases of imminent threat against loved ones I've read on the news in a while.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not going to lie here, if my son was on that trailer and he pulled out a knife and aggressively went towards my son... down he goes.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys and gals, let me clue you in on something. In Oklahoma ( as I am sure in many other places), there are people who act like complete and utter assholes because they can get away with it. In other parts of the country, those same people would get hurt, and hurt badly. Here, people usually run to the police.

So, for example, I decide that I am going to insult DennisHoddy and his family, when he gives me the country boy ass whipping I deserve, I run to the police and sue him. If I tried that same crap with VitoHoddy or PaddyHoddy in New Jeresy or Boston, I'd probably get many bones broken and some permenant reminder of what my behavior cost me.

A lot of people here talk trash and act like idiots and then get hurt or offended when someone calls them out or whips their ass.

I'm certainly not advocating violence or vigilantism. I'm not suggesting it's ok to use physical force to solve disputes, but if someone is so stupid that they think it's ok to scare a bunch of kids with a knife, simply because the kids are loud, maybe this guy got what he deserved. If there is, indeed, more to the story, then my apologies.

I'm just not sure society is better because we have "evolved." Society may be evolving, but it seems there is sure a push to vilify and exterminate a man's natural instincts.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys and gals, let me clue you in on something. In Oklahoma ( as I am sure in many other places), there are people who act like complete and utter assholes because they can get away with it. In other parts of the country, those same people would get hurt, and hurt badly. Here, people usually run to the police.

So, for example, I decide that I am going to insult DennisHoddy and his family, when he gives me the country boy ass whipping I deserve, I run to the police and sue him. If I tried that same crap with VitoHoddy or PaddyHoddy in New Jeresy or Boston, I'd probably get many bones broken and some permenant reminder of what my behavior cost me.

A lot of people here talk trash and act like idiots and then get hurt or offended when someone calls them out or whips their ass.

I'm certainly not advocating violence or vigilantism. I'm not suggesting it's ok to use physical force to solve disputes, but if someone is so stupid that they think it's ok to scare a bunch of kids with a knife, simply because the kids are loud, maybe this guy got what he deserved. If there is, indeed, more to the story, then my apologies.

I'm just not sure society is better because we have "evolved." Society may be evolving, but it seems there is sure a push to vilify and exterminate a man's natural instincts.

A very eloquent response that relays exactly my thoughts as well.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a pretty screwy story. I saw a cop on TV tonight explaining that the guy wasn't trying to stab the kids, he was only trying to stab the tires on the trailer.He wasn't arrested because he was only trying to stab the trailer.
What? What?
What?

This! What the bunk? So, next time someone approaches another individual with a knife out in his hand and is shot by that individual I certainly hope the Moore police don't buy his story of, "Well, you see ocifer, I was simply trying to shave the mans sideburns, chest, back, face, ______." Can't fix stupid.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Agreed 100%

Latest posts

Top Bottom