Moore Coach protects kids, may face charges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shoulda gone Jerome Ersland on him. No one who waves a knife around in front of a youth football league because they were too noisy and disturbed his viewing of a baseball game should be considered mentally competent, they should be treated as an aggressive threat and dealt with in a swift manner. ****ing badges trying to cover their own asses for a stupid decision.
Just my .02

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, they should've gunned down the guy with a knife, right in front of those kids...because you know, gunning someone down in front of the kids is so much less disturbing than a guy with a knife in his hands.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a cluster**** ... This should have never made it past a good long talk with the knife-weilder about what can happen when you act the *** in public and the coach about chasing someone with a knife down and pushing and hitting them ... :nolike: But, since it has made it WAY past that point, those guys still need a talking to, and the police officer(s) involved need one too ... Probably need a little time on the ground to think about what a bone-headed thing they've done ...

Does NOBODY use their heads and THINK anymore?? :disappoin :nolike:

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has there been enough time for a public outcry from the kids' parents in support of the bus driver?
30-40 calls to the chief of police, governor or news media by impassioned parents would bring this situation to a festering boil, hopefully in favor of the coach/ driver.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be the devil's advocate.

Sounds to me like we don't have the full story. By the coach's own admission, it appears the coach "went after" the guy even though he'd put the knife away and coach wanted to "make sure he didn't bring it back out".

Seems to me it's possible the threat had passed and instead of moving along, the coach let his anger cloud his judgement.

...though it is interesting that the fella with the knife didn't face more scrutiny for "brandishing" a knife.

If this ain't the case (and there was some previous trash-talking from the coach or something), then the only other thing that even remotely makes sense to me is the knife-wielding suspect had to have known someone or he was somebody important's son.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Makes me wonder if knife boy was a "somebody" in Moore. That's useually why that kinda crap happens here in Lawton. You can get away with all kindsa stuff here if you're on the list of golden children.

If i saw a dude with a knife even halfway looking like he was going at kids with it, he would have received a dose of appropriate behavior training...i could care less what anyone thinks. Say what ya will, call me a bully, a thug or whatever but the chance of him harming one of those children would have been deleted right away.

In the immortal words of Captain Woodrow F. Call............

"Can't stand rude behavior in a man....won't tolerate it"

We need more Woodrow's..............

If they try to charge the coach....i'm on board too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom