Moore Coach protects kids, may face charges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"B.. Bu.. But I was only going to shoot the tires of the ******* driver that annoyed me by cutting me off in traffic. Wasn't trying to hurt him..."

Wonder how much traction that would get me?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, they should've gunned down the guy with a knife, right in front of those kids...because you know, gunning someone down in front of the kids is so much less disturbing than a guy with a knife in his hands.

Not saying he should have just been gunned down (or that he shouldn't have been); but don't the police have a 21foot rule regarding edged weapons? Anyone within 21 feet with an edged weapon is considered a lethal threat? Obviously prefaced with it being out and acting aggressive. But this guy obviously also broke all three of those. He was close enough to be slashing at the trailer's tires, had the knife out, and was acting aggressively. Based on that, if it had been a trailer full of armed police he would have had bullet holes in him and it would have been a justified shooting.

So unless your post is correct in the extreme, ie: the guy had put the knife away and walked away, and THEN the coach went after him; then I can't see anything other than a justified beat down.

Except that it said the fight was right in front of the kids. So if the trailer is moving, and the fight is right in front of the kids, then logic says it can't have been too long after the knife incident.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So many "ifs" Nikat....

I'm just not jumping on the "yeah, shoot his a$$" crowd based on a news article that is, as usual, scant on facts and high on emotion.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
So many "ifs" Nikat....

I'm just not jumping on the "yeah, shoot his a$$" crowd based on a news article that is, as usual, scant on facts and high on emotion.

I get the not jumping on a wagon.

Only if is the "if it was LE on the trailer". Because unless everyone (including the LEOs) lied in the article, he was close to the trailer with a knife slashing at it.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get the not jumping on a wagon.

Only if is the "if it was LE on the trailer". Because unless everyone (including the LEOs) lied in the article, he was close to the trailer with a knife slashing at it.

Yes. The article aludes to "slashing at the trailer", but not attacking any individual. The article even states that knife guy backed away from the kids.

I don't think "if there was LE on the trailer" there would've been any gunplay either. I DO firmly agree that knife guy should be facing charges or at least more scrutiny, but I disagree with the knee-jerk emotional assertion that the coach should be free and clear given that it appears, according to the coach's own words, the threat to the trailer tires had ceased when he decided to "go after" knife guy and initiate a fist fight in front of a bunch of kids.

It ALL needs to be properly investigated and we need more facts. One thing I know for sure is this whole incident highlights what I hate about the organized youth sport culture and the immature idiots disguised as "adults" who seem to hover around that culture.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was attending my grandson's baseball game when this happened. The Park is an excellent facility for many sports, activities, etc. The homecoming activities are an annual event, and happen several evenings, with the players getting to parade around the parking lots on trailers, with horns honking and so on. Just a neat little celebration for all these kids. yes, it does get noisy, but my goodness, so do the baseball games when we have exciting plays taking place. I saw the LE activity taking place but didn't know what was happening until late, and still don't know all the details. There must be more to the story than what was reported in this account. But, I stand behind the coach until I'm proven wrong. I'm tired of people being "offended" over stupid stuff like horns honking for a few minutes, or my wishing them "Merry Christmas" A coach that stands up for his kids is a refreshing sight!

I'm with JB and will gladly contribute to a defense fund if it comes to that!

Latest posts

Top Bottom