More Brilliance from the O'Colly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This article was to stimulate thought and response, all of which you are doing. I like his bear analogy, I think it relevent. Since he has a different opinion than yours he is a jerk. Howabout instead of bashing a college age person on a gun board, you instead send a Relevant response. By relevent, I mean a counter point, or something that resembles a debate. Not the finger flipping, chest thumping that goes on here. All of the dogpiling that goes on here and no further is amazing. We love guns and love having gun rights, Ok, I get that. But lets come out of the dark ages with this caveman mentallity. As older gun owners, how about we show this gent a more reasonable way of looking at things instead of simply name calling and bashing. However this is a college paper, read by college people, what should happen is a 2a friendly student write a response. They may or may not, thinking that this is simply his opinion, of which it is.

Communist!!! Get him!!!!!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This article was to stimulate thought and response, all of which you are doing. I like his bear analogy, I think it relevent. Since he has a different opinion than yours he is a jerk. Howabout instead of bashing a college age person on a gun board, you instead send a Relevant response. By relevent, I mean a counter point, or something that resembles a debate. Not the finger flipping, chest thumping that goes on here. All of the dogpiling that goes on here and no further is amazing. We love guns and love having gun rights, Ok, I get that. But lets come out of the dark ages with this caveman mentallity. As older gun owners, how about we show this gent a more reasonable way of looking at things instead of simply name calling and bashing. However this is a college paper, read by college people, what should happen is a 2a friendly student write a response. They may or may not, thinking that this is simply his opinion, of which it is.

At a certain age comes the wisdom that some people aren't interested in a healthy debate with point, counterpoint. They're more interested in imposing their values over yours, because theirs are just better. The main difference here is that we're not interested in forcing Mr. Sperry to carry a gun, but he's determined that we shouldn't. His rights end where our noses begin. His argument is emotional, ours uses logic. My responses weren't for his benefit, they were for the hapless readers of his op-ed column. No one should be subjected to such blatant ignorance without a balancing counter point. We squabble here like a family would. Yet when outsiders intrude, we band together and counter the FUDD. It's natural and healthy. So I guess what I'm saying is that I fail to see your point? :anyone:

Okie4Life

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you read the comments on the 1st article.

Very well put..

"Your attempt at sarcasm is brilliant in its failure. Bears are not concealable from view, properly carried self defense arms are. Bears have self-determination, properly carried self defense arms do not. When you stated "you never know when a criminal might try to rob or harm me in broad daylight as I trudge to class with 20,000 other students around.", you must've forgotten that inconvenient statistic includes the Virginia Tech massacre? Have you viewed the excellent Houstonready.org/Dept. of Homeland Security Youtube video "Run, Hide, Fight"? Obviously running and hiding are preferred, but IF you were forced to fight, what's better to do so with than a properly carried self defense arm?
Your obvious opposition to concealed carry relies on tried and untrue emotional arguments. If you have nothing to fear from an active shooter that you don't see, then how could you possibly fear properly concealed self defense arms that you can't see? It's not the gun you fear, it's the very idea of the gun that causes you emotional distress."

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you read the comments on the 1st article.

Very well put..

"Your attempt at sarcasm is brilliant in its failure. Bears are not concealable from view, properly carried self defense arms are. Bears have self-determination, properly carried self defense arms do not. When you stated "you never know when a criminal might try to rob or harm me in broad daylight as I trudge to class with 20,000 other students around.", you must've forgotten that inconvenient statistic includes the Virginia Tech massacre? Have you viewed the excellent Houstonready.org/Dept. of Homeland Security Youtube video "Run, Hide, Fight"? Obviously running and hiding are preferred, but IF you were forced to fight, what's better to do so with than a properly carried self defense arm?
Your obvious opposition to concealed carry relies on tried and untrue emotional arguments. If you have nothing to fear from an active shooter that you don't see, then how could you possibly fear properly concealed self defense arms that you can't see? It's not the gun you fear, it's the very idea of the gun that causes you emotional distress."

Thanks! (that was my comment). :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom