More deer activity...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Roosta - My youth hunter tagged a 110 pound doe on Saturday morning on the East side of the creek. My son held the hunter in the blind for a while afterwards before he let him go see his trophy. 10 minutes or so after the doe went down a 6 point showed up and walked over and sniffed her. The boy could not get into position to pop it. The next buck to come in 5 minutes later was a 140-150 class 9 pointer. The boy spotted the deer before my son did. The buck had spotted the blind and the boy was unable to manuever in time for a shot. My son's adrenalin started pumping while he was counting points thru the binos.
While this was going on I am standing in the yard at the cabin talking on the phone and a 4 point walks into the yard and looks around. He finally spots me talking and has that "Oh s**t look on his face and turns around, flags and trots off still lookin for love. The deer are in the seek phase now.

Scrapes have appeared in the timber. The deer activity is in the morning until around 9:30 then the temp rises. Evening activity seems to be well after dark because of the temp.

Rain is forcasted for this weekend around 30-40% chance. No soil moisture at 5" but the food plots are in with a small shower on them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom