More Media Manipulation Using Doctored Audio Tape

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys really need to come out of that bubble you live in every once in a while. :wink2:

RNC draws heat over ad with doctored Supreme Court audio

RNC Caught Using Tampered Supreme Court Audio for Anti-Obamacare Ad

The 36-second RNC ad, released online Wednesday, features audio of Verilli stuttering, coughing, sipping water twice and pausing for nearly 20 seconds. As he speaks, the ad flashes the words, “ObamaCare: It’s a tough sell.”
The problem is that the audio used has been edited to make Verrilli sound worse than he actually did.
According to Bloomberg News, “A review of a transcript and recordings of those moments shows that Verrilli took a sip of water just once, paused for a much briefer period and completed his thought — rather than stuttering and trailing off as heard in the edited version”:
While Verrilli paused once to drink water during the opening moments of his presentation, he stopped talking for only a few seconds before continuing with his argument. In the RNC ad, he pauses for about 20 seconds, coughs, sips water and stutters.

The doctored RNC Ad

The real audio of the SCOTUS arguments

Last edited by a moderator:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't say Fox altered the videotape.
I said they played it as real audio of the SCOTUS hearings when they knew it was altered audio tape.

And for the record, I added a second example from MSNBC so obviously I wasn't implying Fox altered the tape.

But at the end of the day, millions of viewers of both networks were mislead into believing that the solicitor general stumbled and bumbled in a way that he didn't.

Then A. they're stupid and 2. who cares? All three of those shows are editorials passed off as "news". The clips showed what was obviously a political ad and everyone knows (or should know) those aren't to be trusted. When Yahoo News ran a piece on media alteration of the Zimmerman 911 audio, the public comments were overwhelmingly negative towards Big Media. You'd have though the article was about Congress or lawyers or Kim Jong-il!

I believe we're about to enter the twilight of Big Media as "trusted". They've proven themselves to be exactly what they are, spin artisans. :(

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, it is. You're trying to pass political party misrepresentation off as "Media Manipulation". Simply put, dennishoddy's example is a much more accurate representation of media manipulation than yours. :(
BS and you know it.

Fox has the highest ratings of any news network and millions of people tuned in and watched that altered tape and were fooled into believing the solicitor general fumbled his oral argument when he actually didn't at all.
Sean Hannity and Greta Van Susteren must have known that was falsified oral argument because Bloomberg had already run the story before their shows aired.

It's the kind of thing you usually frown on. :(

Not this time I guess. :)

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BS and you know it.

Fox has the highest ratings of any news network and millions of people tuned in and watched that altered tape and were fooled into believing the solicitor general fumbled his oral argument when he actually didn't at all.
Sean Hannity and Greta Van Susteren must have known that was falsified oral argument because Bloomberg had already run the story before their shows aired.

It's the kind of thing you usually frown on. :(

Not this time I guess. :)

Actually, I don't know that, but nice try! As for the bolded part, how do you know they knew about the partisan Bloomberg article? Feel free to give us a link. Plus, your beef is still with the RNC, not the media hacks. Hannity even calls it what it is, a political attack ad.

Just because you want something to be true, doesn't mean it is. As for the dupes that watch Hannity, Greta, Joe or any of the other partisan political hacks passing themselves off as news, well, stupid is a stupid does!

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the bright side though:

We've made progress. :)

You two have progressed from total denial and blaming the liberal mediamatters, backed by Soros, and have evolved your argument to:

Well yeah, but............

Latest posts

Top Bottom