More Media Manipulation Using Doctored Audio Tape

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone surprised or shocked at the media twisting facts for political or "news worthiness" is a fool or has not been paying attention the last few decades.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hobbes is a weak voice. He's like the fly in the spiderweb squeaming help me, help me. It doesn't matter in the least that everything he's said here is true.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hobbes is a weak voice. He's like the fly in the spiderweb squeaming help me, help me. It doesn't matter in the least that everything he's said here is true.

Probably because we all know that it is the norm for both sides of the political debate to pull stuff like that. We would be more surprised and shocked if any of them played it straight. Plus while I dislike talking heads with a passion, there is no proof either of the two knew about the Bloomberg piece or knew the audio had been tampered with at the time they aired.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably because we all know that it is the norm for both sides of the political debate to pull stuff like that. We would be more surprised and shocked if any of them played it straight. Plus while I dislike talking heads with a passion, there is no proof either of the two knew about the Bloomberg piece or knew the audio had been tampered with at the time they aired.
Maybe they still don't know they played phoney doctored audio tape on the air, even to this day.
Who knows?

It's not like they have a production staff assigned to check their copy before it airs or anything like that.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe they still don't know they played phoney doctored audio tape on the air, even to this day.
Who knows?

It's not like they have a production staff assigned to check their copy before it airs or anything like that.

They probably do know by now but 4 to 5 hours afterwards is pushing things a bit. I would not hold my breath waiting for a correction though, none of the "news outlets" are good at that unless there is a big stink about it.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The thing that vexes me most about Fox News is that they refuse to report that NewsCorp, the parent company of Fox News, is an ongoing criminal enterprise under indictment on one continent and investigation on another.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The thing that vexes me most about Fox News is that they refuse to report that NewsCorp, the parent company of Fox News, is an ongoing criminal enterprise under indictment on one continent and investigation on another.

I have seen those reports on Foxnews. That was during the actual news portions and not the talking heads but they have reported it.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BS and you know it.

Fox has the highest ratings of any news network and millions of people tuned in and watched that altered tape and were fooled into believing the solicitor general fumbled his oral argument when he actually didn't at all.

HUH?

Verelli stumbled all over himself for the 1st 5 minutes. Every third word was uhhhhh. Many untimely pauses.

He finally got his act mostly together after about 5 minutes into the audio but even after that untimely pauses coupled with halts and thought shifts in the middle of a statement are strong indicators that the questions tossed out by the justices caught him by surprise and that he was not at all prepared to answer them. By minute 10 or thereabouts Verelli had, IMO, totally recovered his aplomb and handled the justices questions well.

Whether or not what the RNC did was ethical is of course the question - and to be honest I have yet to decide the answer for myself - but the Ad did in a very short time express effectively the point that Obama care is a hard sell. It's an ad not journalism and not subject to the same ethical standards (though one often wonders why not).

Latest posts

Top Bottom