More science - climate change is a lie!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somebody has been feeding these cows beans.....

When NASA researchers first saw data indicating a massive cloud of methane floating over the American Southwest, they found it so incredible that they dismissed it as an instrument error.

But as they continued analyzing data from the European Space Agency’s Scanning Imaging Absorption Spectrometer for Atmospheric Chartography instrument from 2002 to 2012, the “atmospheric hot spot” kept appearing.

The team at NASA was finally able to take a closer look, and have now concluded that there is in fact a 2,500-square-mile cloud of methane-roughly the size of Delaware-floating over the Four Corners region, where the borders of Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah all intersect.

http://www.desmogblog.com/2014/10/1...loud-methane-floating-over-american-southwest

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The human race is dying out
No one left to scream and shout
People walkin' on the moon
Smog's gonna get ya pretty soon

anyone?

My man Jim Morrison.

Have you read his book of poetry? One for my favorites considering our mutual interest on this site.

"The snipers rifle is an extension of his eye"
"He kills with injurious vision"

And in reference to this thread. Being a Republican is no excuse to be scientifically ignorant.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The World has also lost about 50% of it's forests. Forests are BIG carbon sinks, and help balance the entire planet. Let's not also forget the ever growing dead zones in the oceans. Plankton produce the majority of the planets O2, and the dead zones are affecting those also.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeesh. Rod Snell posts what appears to be a scientific finding, and some here on OSA go back to cow farts.

I know right? Gotta love it. lol

Rod Snell, thank you for your post. I've long held the "cliff notes take away" of your work. That is that we just don't matter on any measurable scale. Sure we can have a short term localized effect but the planet really doesn't even know we are here in reality. It has it's own "maintenance mechanisms" and we sure can't aid or deter them. One of many is the BP well blowout in the Gulf. They were screaming that the gulf would just literally die and today you can't even tell it ever happened. What happened to all that oil? The planet dealt with it, it's a naturally produced substance and it is native on this rock. I love to tell my liberal tree hugging family members the we could exterminate ourselves and virtually every mammal on the planet with a nuclear armageddon type event. Then in a few years the earth would just go back to doing what it does. And climate change would still exist but it wouldn't be man caused! They really don't like hearing that because they can't refute it. These two individuals have their PhDs from UC Berkley and are currently studying various evolution processes in avian and marine animals in Australia. It's great fun messing with those two!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although this item is superficially "true" in the sense that the words quoted above were indeed written by John Coleman, the statement that they "refute" global warming (i.e., prove it to be false) is something of an exaggeration. As Coleman's critics have noted, he does not hold a degree in climatology or any related discipline, nor has he studied or conducted any research in that field; he merely parrots arguments advanced by others. Moreover, much of his criticism of climate change deals with impugning the motives of those engaged in that discipline rather than refuting the science behind their work:
Read more at snopes.com: John Coleman on Global Warming

Not to be picky, but your link went to Snope's "What's New" page. Here is the link to John Coleman on Global Warming.

Now, going beyond that, are the Snope's folks scientists? Even that article above does indicate that they acknowledge that John Coleman was involved in the meteorological field over a six decade time period. Don't you think that gives him some credibility, especially since he didn't adhere to the "not global warming" philosophy over most of that time period?

This brings to mind the subject of "peer reviewed" scientific "premises," to which I have a question. How do we know that those peer reviewed articles were reviewed by peers that were of the exact same mind as the original premise of which they reviewed? In other words, if like-minded "scientists" review each others' work, how do we know that it isn't a white wash?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The World has also lost about 50% of it's forests. Forests are BIG carbon sinks, and help balance the entire planet. Let's not also forget the ever growing dead zones in the oceans. Plankton produce the majority of the planets O2, and the dead zones are affecting those also.

O2??? I'm not a scientist, but isn't that oxygen? Plankton is producing more oxygen than the trees and other plants on the earth? I realize that the oceans make up most of the planet, but is there some scientific source showing that Plankton are the "big producers?" Also, with all the CO2 that we are supposedly producing, including through humans exhaling, doesn't that just give the plants more with which to produce oxygen?

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We certainly have an impact, the argument has always been how much(my belief is it is very minor) . There are also natural occurrences that have larger impacts than the human race could ever imagine to be responsible for in our entire existence (volcano eruption). To be honest I've always been curious about tera-forming , and how it impacts certain regions. There are millions of people living in arid Arizona installing irrigation and growing grass, etc. where it would normally never grow.... What, if anything does stuff like that do to the local ecosystem.

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device
In California it resulted in a lot of water deficit!

Latest posts

Top Bottom