• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Mosin m44 stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Trying to rebuild a mosin m44 that belong to my late brother. When he got it it had a stock that someone took a hacksaw to and needs replaced. He was going to do it before he died so im gonna finish it for him. The stock needs to be complete with all hardware and even the cleaning rod. Any help would be appreciated.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
20200611_215747.jpg
Ok,
I have 3 stocks for an M44.
I do not have a cleaning rod with any of them though.
Here is a pic,
Personally I think the 1 on the left has the best wood even though it is very dark.
The 1 in the middle has more bumps & dings & a small crack, but the crack is not in a structural spot so it could probably be filled & sanded smooth.
The 1 on the right had the mystery story. It has 2 dates carved in the wood along with a long series of marks scratched in the wood. I don't know if this means years of service & marks count the number of hits or what. It is the roughest wood, but looks battle beaten & has the most character

Latest posts

Top Bottom