Mosin Nagant 91/30 - opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard the actions tend to be really stiff.
Also, can we discuss the cleaning of the corrosive ammo some more?

The only time I've had a stiff bolt on my mosin is when I shoot the yellow tip hungarian heavy ball, which is old ammo. I think I've had 1 out of 15 or so where I've just had to slap the bolt upward to unlock the action, no biggie. As far as cleaning after using corrosive ammo, just use hot water, windex and pour some down the barrel. Then clean as usual. Some ammo is more corrosive than others so I always pour windex down the tube and take a patch soaked in windex and use it to clean the chamber and push most of the residue out of the bore. Then when I get home I just clean normally.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you can wait a month, you can find them at the Wanenmacher show at the Expo. Usually there will be at least one dealer selling a crate of 91/30's, so if you get there early enough, you can pick out the best one of the bunch. Otherwise, you'll see quite a few for sale scattered throughout the show. Just look for the rifles with which you could do a pole vault :D

That dealer that sets up in the middle of the ramp going from the upper level to the lower level on the north side. Usually has crates full of ones that look brand new. for like $120

Latest posts

Top Bottom