Mossberg Moving Operations Out of Connecticut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
America’s largest shotgun manufacturer, O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc., decided not to expand in Connecticut. Sure it was founded there 1919 and still has its corporate headquarters in North Haven. But in 2013 Connecticut rushed through legislation to ban some of Mossberg’s popular products. As a result, Mossberg CEO, Iver Mossberg, says, “Investing in Texas was an easy decision. It’s a state that is not only committed to economic growth but also honors and respects the Second Amendment and the firearm freedoms it guarantees for our customers.”

Mossberg follows Remington Arms, Kahr Arms, Les Baer Custom, Lewis Machine & Tool, American Tactical Imports, Ruger, Colt, Stag Arms, PTR Industries, Magpul, and Beretta in moving operations out of anti-gun states.

http://weaselzippers.us/193177-shotgun-maker-mossberg-moving-operations-out-of-connecticut/

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
YES!!!!!!!

WHOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Speak with your wallets, people! And businesses, too!

People out of jobs? Wow, that sucks... either elect people to your state legislatures who respect the Constitution and Bill of Rights, or move to a place that does.

Proud of you, Mossberg!

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First PTR, now Mossberg, great news. Now we just need stag to get their **** together and move out, they look weak after screaming they would move and then staying.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They would IF the State Chamber of Commerce and / or our goobermint officials were courting business to move here; LIKE TEXAS AND GOV. Rick Perry is doing.

+1

Our politicians (Oklahoma's) need to figure out how to court those companies with high paying jobs. Bass Pro is great and all, but their wages are terrible. Skilled machinist, gunsmiths, engravers and finishers. THOSE are the jobs we need.

I wonder if Mossberg even considered Oklahoma before they made the decision - based on corporate tax rates, I seriously doubt it.

Simon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mossberg is expanding their existing operation in Eagle Pass, Tx. A lot of workers with immgration permenent resident status, who prefer to live in Mexico will cross the border to work for lower wages. Many of these people are skilled workers.

I do not know one way or the other but Mossberg may havew some manufactoring capacity in Mexico. I think it is great that Mossberg is not expanding in Connecticut, but I am sure that the ability to pay lower wages had a lot to do with it. I would also think that the company taxes will be a lot less. The move wasn't only to give the finger to Connecticut.

Last edited:

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mossberg is expanding their existing operation in Eagle Pass, Tx. A lot of workers with immgration permenent resident status, who prefer to live in Mexico will cross the border to work for lower wages. Many of these people are skilled workers.

I do not know one way or the other but Mossberg may havew some manufactoring capacity in Mexico. I think it is great that Mossberg is not expanding in Connecticut, but I am sure that the ability to pay lower wages had a lot to do with it. I would also think that the company taxes will be a lot less. The move wasn't only to give the finger to Connecticut.
I'm pretty sure they do. I seem to recall the Maverick 88 is made in mexico, or at least parts of it are

Latest posts

Top Bottom