Most used .22 rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randall

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was sitting around thinking(I know,thats dangerous)about what .22 rifle I always grab when I need one,and it's my Marlin 39 with a receiver peep sight.I have other .22's, bolts and autos with scopes or iron sights,but when there is an actual job to be done(feral cats or dogs) or hunting to do it is usually the 39 I use.The receiver sight is fast, accurate enough for head shots on squirrels to 40 or 50 yards,and the lever is fast enough for rapid repeat shots.The weight and balance is perfect for offhand shots,not too heavy and not so light it wanders.I use a scoped CZ452 for squirrels when the leaves are off the trees but thats about all it gets actual work for besides plinking.
What .22 do you use that is used as a tool?

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 10/22 with a red dot, It's balanced out nice with a bull barrel and thumbhole. I got a red dot with the smallest dot I could find and it works very well

Randall

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My 10/22 with a red dot, It's balanced out nice with a bull barrel and thumbhole. I got a red dot with the smallest dot I could find and it works very well

That sounds like a pretty good setup for using as an actual work tool.I find the factory 10/22 too light for offhand use and the iron sights too slow and imprecise for my eyes.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad gave me his Winchester model 290 w/ Weaver scope in about 78' when I was 9 and at 40 yrs old I have shot with it my whole life. Recently had the spring replaced by the older dude at Sportsworld is about the only time I remember it ever being down. It's all original. Looks great. No metal problems. Barrel is tight. Shoots great and goes thru just about any ammo- when I keep it clean. 15 pop-pop-pops...

Latest posts

Top Bottom