Most used .22 rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ruger 77/22 with aftermarket sear and sear spring--3x9 scope Nikon? Pond turtles fear it.

Winchester '06 pump. Older than dirt, probably less than a brick used since new, really tight, though externally beat. One hole at 40 yards, and the same model as the one I wore out growing up.

Remington copy of Browning bottom eject, Model 241 I think. Great balance, utterly reliable, straight shooting. Little heavier than the Browning, and less "tail heavy." CB

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Browning auto-22 with a Leupold 2.5-8X on top. Been using it for 25 years and killed God knows how many critters with it. It's the first gun I ever filled out my own 4473 on. :)

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
remington 572 i like this rifle so much i got rid of all my other .22 rifles because i was never shooting them. it was also my first rifle i have shot it so much i had to all the springs and some other parts replaced in it.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had to look that one up,sounds like a heck of a shooter.

Here she is.
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_Picture041.jpg

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_Picture042.jpg

Duvivr6

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright so this is the perfect spot to throw my question, since i am wanting to get a .22 after reading many discussions online i am between the Marlin 60 and 10/22 what would you guys recommend for a complete newbie! I wanted something with a scope that I can shoot for cheap and have some fun thats it!

whiskeysnoot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a fun gun my 10/22s can't be beat. But for a tool I reach for a Savage Mark II bolt gun. I use it solely for critter control. My favorite rd. is the Aguila Super Colibri. Killed more rabbits, dillos, skunks, cats, dogs, squirrels, and especially turtles than I can count without the neighbors knowing unless they see me.

whiskeysnoot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright so this is the perfect spot to throw my question, since i am wanting to get a .22 after reading many discussions online i am between the Marlin 60 and 10/22 what would you guys recommend for a complete newbie! I wanted something with a scope that I can shoot for cheap and have some fun thats it!

10/22. Better trigger and a plethora of aftermarket accessories.

Latest posts

Top Bottom