Most Versatile 12 gauge round?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diabjoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel fairly well prepared in terms of ammo quantities for most my guns except the 12 gauge, I have a few boxes of home defense rounds and some random boxes of assorted hunting rounds. I figure in a shtf situation it'll mainly be used for hunting, any suggestions on what I should stock up on, or should I just continue having diverse loads? My only arguement of stocking up on one load type is so I can grab a handful of rounds from an ammo can and always know what load it is and how it'll perform.

Thanks

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have about 1000 rounds of the federal game and target load they sell at Wal-Mart in 100 round boxes. The rest is a combo of 00 buck and I keep about 100 slugs on hand.

diabjoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats what the majority of mine is, I've used it for small game like squirrel and rabbit, but usually bought turkey load for turkey season, do you think the sport and game loads will work for that just as well?

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ForumRunner_20130113_143356.jpg

I have no idea! I don't hunt, I just like to shoot and it's cheap. I know if I need it for defense it's not great, but if you have a big pattern of it thrown at you from one of these it will at least make the turn and run! I have the 00 buck and slugs just in case.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like even some of this stuff is drying up. I've noticed the stocks of the 100 round packs slowly melting.

00 looks to be moving off the shelves very quickly also.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom