MRAP in Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These things are HUGE, very impressive. This one was driving in town around 4pm.
tulsa mrap.jpg

It was set up like this one.
http://mediaassets.tcpalm.com/photo/2014/03/21/0108_TCLO_MRAPGALLERY02_3547904_ver1.0_640_480.JPG

somarsmi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great to see local agencies getting these... hopefully it's helpful for the no knock warrants and high risk stuff. I have heard police agencies using/borrowing an ambulance to enter apartment complexes to move in stealthy when they feel a "look out" might give them away.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is simply no need for Police Departments to operate these vehicles. This is purely an example of federal government waste begatting local government waste.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's more wasteful? Loaning them to police who are required to maintain them until they are needed or cutting them up for scrap and then buying more when they are needed?

I agree they appear to be too much but I'd rather see them used appropriately then destroyed. Plus it would just waste more tax dollars when these same agencies spent 400k to buy the civilian version.

Nothing screams poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can absolutely see a need for them…but there should be clear policy and oversight (which is always the problem LOL).

Latest posts

Top Bottom