Mueller APV 4.5-14x40mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello again, all. I posted a thread similar to this the other day, and again, I'm only posting in the rimfire section because there isn't an optics section. hint hint.

Anyway, my BSA Platinum 8-32x44mm is in the mail to put on top of my CZ 527 American in .223. I'd originally planned to put it on my .17 HMR (and I may still do so), but I'm really feeling like completely re-outfitting my guns with new scopes. I'm going for the best value, not purely the absolute best. I'm a college student, otherwise I'd be buying Leupold and Zeiss with no questions.

I've seen a lot of people wearing Mueller 4.5-14x40mm's on their sleeves around here and elsewhere online. Can you guys tell me what you've got them on, and your impressions of them?

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never owned a Mueller personally. I've owned a couple of the Bushnell Banner scopes and have been happy with them. I'm running a 4-14x40 Banner on my 20" AR and its plenty good enough to hit 6" gongs at 400 yards all day long with. I've also got a 3-9x40 Banner on my CZ452 .22lr that I've been very happy with.

jujuboy77

Marksman
Reaction score
have you considered Nikko Stirling they are in the low cost high quality catagory and they have several in the 100ish range TOP QUALITY glass with excelent reviews i have even heard them compared to Ziess! at the price of a good bsa or nikon, also i have never had a bad nikon!

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had my APV on my 10/22 then moved it to my AR15. I love it for the price. Its a great scope, excellent warranty. Over on Rimfire central, its probably the most popular scope talked about. I don't throw my gun around alot, but it does see light bumping and stuff from long walks into property, in and out of the truck and such and it helps me shoot 1/2" groups all day long. Never had any issues with it not holding zero.

The only con to the scope is the sensitive eye relief on the 14x. Its not bad, it just doesn't compare to a Nikon. It is half the price of a Nikon though.

For the price, I don't think they can't be beat....I just wish someone local would sell them.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not consider the Mueller AO Tactical with the exposed target turrets for a few dollars more?

You may have a valid point. I'm keen on the APV for now because it's silver, and I just think it'll look good on top of my Marlin 917VST. But I like that AO Tactical too, now. Damn, y'all are just convincing me to spend more money!! I think I may end up getting the AO Tactical when I buy my CZ 452.

Latest posts

Top Bottom