Must see Documentaries/movies (not blockbusters)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt most will enjoy it, but I found "The Parking Lot Movie" pretty entertaining.
Very Good.

- The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia
- Carrier
- Marwencol
- Man on Wire
- Exit through the Giftshop
- Seoul Train

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
restrepo is excellent
exit through the gift shop is one of the only doc. with a twist in it... very interesting, shows how group think really works
the devil came on horseback.... be prepared to be outraged...
kimjongilia... north korea doc
deliver us from evil... guy talks about molesting kids as a priest, very sad.. you will cry.
cocaine cowboys.... best doc on drugs i have ever seen
the thin blue line... guy gets sent to prison for a murder he didn't commit and shows how corrupt our system is....
food inc. ... good doc on food
the king of kong.. it is about a guy playing video games, but it is more about obsession and human nature
a life without pain... about children that can't feel pain, very sad, but will make you happy that you can feel pain, believe it or not..
drug wars: silver or lead.. about drugs in mexico... very raw and brutal footage..

all of these can be seen streaming netflix.... let us know what you think..

OKMike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Restrepo is great
Whites of West Virginia is crazy good
Harlan County is excellent (just saw it this week)
Ridgehunter I'm gonna have to check out the Townes Van Zant it sounds like a good one
Anything by Ken Burns
I enjoyed the WWII in Color series on the history channel, I found the episodes about the early Nazi party and pre WWII Germany educational (to me)

edit: have recently watched a couple about PTSD, one dealing with it historically one dealing with our current wars. Both enlightening

Latest posts

Top Bottom