Muzzleloader choices?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shoot a Savage in-line. Super accurate and the best thing is it shoots smokeless powder. No mess, no cleanup. My load of 34 grains of 2400 makes around 2300 f.p.s. and 3200 ft. lbs. Did I say it was accurate?:thumbup3:

My thoughts exactly. I still have the last load from last year in there and will use it as my first shot. No corrosion either. :D

Hog Shooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had a T/C Hawken that shot great, then bought a cheap Traditions inline that used the precussion cap it shot nice. My current favorite is my Encore it lives a multipurpose life as a 25-06/22-250/12 gauge and is plenty accurate I have shot several deer with it as a muzzle loader out at 150yds and they were DRT.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know we have deviated from the original price you were interested in, but saving a little more will get a fantastic MZ made by Savage that can shoot smokless powder, Pellets, or loose black powder, and there is not another MZ made in the world that submits 100% of their barrels to a pressure test of 100,000 psi. No other manufacturer comes even close.
I hope this helps you out.

Okiewhitetail

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out the CVA Optima PRO. I have one in 45 cal its breakover so no hassel with tools to prime it. I got mine for 287.00 with a nice little 3x9x32 bushnell sportview scope that is very bright for some reason especially in low light. It has a fluted barrel and is very smooth all around. I highly recommend looking at these i wouldnt trade mine for all the ones ive had before combined. I shoot 150GR 45 cal rounds with 150gr of powder and its very accurate as well. Check out CVA's website they have some great products.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i just bought a cva optima.going to sight it in this weekend.i liked the idea of the breakover for less cleaning hassle and easier loading.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see a lot of recommendations for the Savage, but I noticed the other day at the local shop that there were some Savage's, and beside them were some Remington's, I think something along the lines of a 700. I haven't researched them yet, but are the Rem.'s about the same as the Savage's as far as range, smokeless, etc.? The one, and probably only reason, I would want to exceed $300-350 range, is the possibility of out-of-state hunts down the road, as most of my hunting here in-state will probably be limited in range with a muzzleloader (as well as not as important if they don't get in range compared to another state hunt).

Latest posts

Top Bottom