My First Coyote Hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crag83

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great work! I am new at this and didn't get anything, so it's nice to see a new person be successful. Also, I got the foxpro spitfire as well, but haven't used it yet. I am going to some private land this weekend, so I will hopefully get something. Did you set up a certain way as far as wind? Nice pic as well.

austin.brown

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Great work! I am new at this and didn't get anything, so it's nice to see a new person be successful. Also, I got the foxpro spitfire as well, but haven't used it yet. I am going to some private land this weekend, so I will hopefully get something. Did you set up a certain way as far as wind? Nice pic as well.

No, the wind was pretty dead most of the time I was out there. There was a good hedge line on 3 sides of the property. I tried to put my back to the place I new the coyotes would not come from. They live off a country road with 3 houses spread along the road. I knew a coyote would not come through the yard with the kids, dogs, and cattle pened up there, so I just put that behind me and had a great time.

I think what I learned here was to hunt where I knew coyotes were at. The owners had said they herd coyotes every night and we could see coyote, racoon, and beaver tracks.

Good Luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom