My first Duracoat job

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djsmithinvesting

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is one a guy had me fix for him. This is about as bad as I have seen. He said he bought a tacklebox at an auction and this gun was in it. It literally had rust flowers on it.

He opted not to fill the pits, which I can do, he just didnt wanna pay the extra $50 for it...just so you understand why they are still there.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

djsmithinvesting

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was just intended to show the worst of the worst. I realize its still not pretty, but its a HECK of alot nicer than it was. I generally wouldnt advocate shooting the silver trigger, but there wasnt any chrome left on it anyhow.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like a awesome project. I am thinking about trying this on a few of my weapons. How steep is the learning curve, or better said what was the learning process? Was it hard to do and what problems did you encounter?

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like a awesome project. I am thinking about trying this on a few of my weapons. How steep is the learning curve, or better said what was the learning process? Was it hard to do and what problems did you encounter?

If your asking me...i practiced on some lil things first...knives, flashilights and eventually a wooden stock, which turned out nice in my opinion. I didn't find it all that difficult, like Olyeller will tell you, prep is pretty important. I had never stripped a frame before, so that was a first for me, I did my research first before punching any pins out. I had a difficult time with mag release and grip safety assy. Only because I didn't have the proper tools, but I will fix that problem here shortly. I say go for it man...I got a great sense of satisfaction knowing I did this myself and didn't have to pay Olyeller (who does top notch work by the way)....no offense Mike :wink2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom