My first Duracoat job

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Its a nice job. But as a guy who does TONS and TONS of duracoat work, I would reccomend more coats. I like to do at least 3 on parts that dont get much wear and 4-6 on parts that do.

I know what this stuff looks like after riding in a holster for a few months, Im afraid you might not be too happy with it then. Not trying to nit pick, just saying.

Nice to see we finally have a pro around here!

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a nice job. But as a guy who does TONS and TONS of duracoat work, I would reccomend more coats. I like to do at least 3 on parts that dont get much wear and 4-6 on parts that do.

I know what this stuff looks like after riding in a holster for a few months, Im afraid you might not be too happy with it then. Not trying to nit pick, just saying.

Hey, no worries man...i'm a rookie at this and will take any advice I can get...I thought about doing another coat....hell, I still can.....thanks for the tip.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to hijack this thread, but how difficult is it to gear up and learn how to do this yourself? Are there any training primers online?

B

djsmithinvesting

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to hijack this thread, but how difficult is it to gear up and learn how to do this yourself? Are there any training primers online?

B

its actually fairly easy and inexpensive depending upon your current tool situation. The air compressor is probably the biggest expense quickly followed by the spray gun of choice. If your just doing pistols you can use a really small air supply and an airbrush, honestly you could do it with rifles as well if you have nothing but time. The downside with a small setup like that is that you get a large amount of dryspray, but its more of a PITA than anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom