My first shot at blueing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wiped the gun down this morning and really looked it over. It's not deep & glossy Smith & Wesson blue by any means, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. It looks a whole world better than it did.

All cold bluing will wear quickly if used on guns that get a lot of use, for those guns I would recommend professional hot dip bluing or rust bluing.

Yeah, I know, but this gun doesn't spend a whole lot of time outside it's case. Also I really didn't want to put a lot of money in a military surplus piece that I have next to nothing in. Plus there's the matter of just wanting to do it myself. I enjoy trying new things.

looks good, where did you get the wood grips?

They were on the gun when I bought it, although they badly needed refinishing. I'm pretty sure that this is where they came from:

http://www.marschalgrips.com/?content=CZ-models

-S

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just came in from running a few mags through this gun. I think it shoots even better now that it's prettied up a little. ;)

I confess that I got this gun thinking I'd try to trade it off for something else after I had it for a while. I don't think I can talk myself into getting rid of it now. Definitely a keeper.

-S

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the 3 part Blue Wonder kit. It requires that you heat the gun up to 150 degrees, which I do with two hair dryers, and one kit will do about 10 handguns. It not as good as a $ 180 custom re-blue job and sometimes the results vary, but every gun I've done looks a whole lot better than when I started.

Latest posts

Top Bottom