My First Time...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
she was sweet, a bit oversized, a bit clunky and clumsy, a bit rough around the edges, but boy did she teach me a lot.

With the help of a few individuals, Dr. Barry Greyson for showing me some of those little details like rounding off all sharp edges and the finesse in getting the barrel lock up "just right" along with several other things... and Honeybee (Donald) for teaching me Parkerizing and Bluing methods.... here she is, my first time. :)

Stainless steel slide, from Foster ($45!) (yes, I know it's an external extractor... but it was $45! Actually, the extractor was an extra $35.), Foster (Caspian) Race Ready frame (checkered with integral magwell $120), Kart Precision EZ-Fit .45 barrel, and Graphite Black Cerakote on the frame, over manganese phosphate with Stainless controls.

The slide was bead blasted, but I didn't care too much for it, so I polished the flats and the top, but left the accents between the serrations and on the top, front part of the slide matte.

alh5.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TEZWl3e_srI_AAAAAAAADcw_16sHnUIQmNU_s720__EPC1471.JPG

alh4.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TEZWobmU8kI_AAAAAAAADdE_KL52a9ykGUw_s720__EPC1476.JPG

alh4.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TEZWotRL4TI_AAAAAAAADdI_Fe32n2RWE8g_s720__EPC1477.JPG

alh3.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TEZWpGdUbXI_AAAAAAAADdQ_P_fSc84BBUE_s720__EPC1479.JPG

I hand serrated the rear of the slide...
alh6.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TEZWnCTrycI_AAAAAAAADc8_DwnHhGjV_Eg_s720__EPC1474.JPG

Ignore any of Sully's hair (dog), he just likes to be a part of everything.

I shortened the slide stop, and beveled the frame hole.

The Cerakote wasn't really easy, but I learned after the first couple tries. :)

Thus far, I've got about 200 rounds through it with 0 (zero) malfunctions of any kind.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

This is part of my next article for m1911... so more detail on everything, including the work in progress will be in that.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beautiful. I notice the gap between the rear sight and the sight. That looks like a "snag magnet"

Yeah, it's an adjustable rear sight... kind of a test really... not sure if I'll like it much.

Wonder what I can do to get around that?

Wonder if I got it dialed in, then filled it in with solder?

Latest posts

Top Bottom