My First Time...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So about how much did it cost to build that thing total?.....I been thinking about building one...

Let's see... not counting mags ($109 for 6, but I already had them), and not counting tools (absolute essentials... prolly around $100... sear jig, stones and other goodies I did on this one... closer to $700), I think it's around $450-$550... wish I could be more exact, but I kinda lost track.

Now, this is doing it all yourself with help from buddies that really know their stuff...

Frame was half-off because they were trying to clear them out... $125
Slide... same story... $45+$35 for the extractor
Barrel... $150
Small parts, controls (mostly EGW or spares I have acquired) and springs, around $100 or so... this is where I started losing track
Sights... $60 from EGW

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very Nice
Thank you sir! Now if I can get around to some Satin wood's cut for bobtail! :)

Let me know when you need them.
Smart, and no FLGR, yeah that one will work!!!

Thanks. Again, not a fan of the external extractor, but it was too good of a deal. Kinda reminds me of a Sig GSR, but I'll let one of the Sig pros chime in on that.... (where you at EzBake and GMT?)

As for the FLGR... I've cleaned a lot of guns that had them... but I just don't see the need for it unless I'm running some sort of compensator.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks awsome! Needs some snakeskin on it.
Thanks man!

You know, I thought about snapping some pics with them on it, but the set I have handy are going to a guy from the site as soon as he gets his pistol back from Kimber... I just didn't feel right about it! :)
Maybe just try a low profile non-adjustable version.

Did you do the ball cuts on the slide?
Well, I'm building two, the other will be similar for this, but will be 9mm. Both will primarilly be used for Steel Challenge and my buddy that will be using this one is one of those that really needs to learn to shoot better to begin with... because he's got some funky way of lining up sights... but I'm working on him. :)

I did not do the ball cuts, this is the way it came from Foster, however, as soon as I get a hold of the proper bits, I will be able to do them along with my own slide milling (sights and serrations) as I have access to a nice manual mill.
You're asking ME?! :faint:

:pms2: :spitlaugh :ooh2: :laughup: :laugh6: :rollingla

Well... I thought I'd humor you. :)

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
she was sweet, a bit oversized, a bit clunky and clumsy, a bit rough around the edges, but boy did she teach me a lot.
alh5.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TEZWl3e_srI_AAAAAAAADcw_16sHnUIQmNU_s720__EPC1471.JPG

alh4.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TEZWobmU8kI_AAAAAAAADdE_KL52a9ykGUw_s720__EPC1476.JPG

alh4.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TEZWotRL4TI_AAAAAAAADdI_Fe32n2RWE8g_s720__EPC1477.JPG

alh3.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TEZWpGdUbXI_AAAAAAAADdQ_P_fSc84BBUE_s720__EPC1479.JPG

I hand serrated the rear of the slide...
alh6.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TEZWnCTrycI_AAAAAAAADc8_DwnHhGjV_Eg_s720__EPC1474.JPG

does your wife know about the ONE youve been cheating with or has she seen this thread?:shocked: you gun whore...:D:D:D but she is purdy...

Latest posts

Top Bottom