My First Time...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. Again, not a fan of the external extractor, but it was too good of a deal. Kinda reminds me of a Sig GSR, but I'll let one of the Sig pros chime in on that.... (where you at EzBake and GMT?)

What you have is one of the GSR overrun slides I believe. When these slides came out the wannabe snob in me was like bleah..... now I find that I really dig them. I should have bought the GSR frame and slide sets from caspian when they were selling them cheap. I don't care for the controls but that's personal preference, looks like the beavertail came out nice and I actually like these EE guns. :D Did you go with an EZ fit Kart? Either way, kudos on taking on a build and putting together a nice 1911.

I'll betcha if you shoot steel challenge you'll want to open up that notch in the rear sight a bit.

kriket1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks grate I have always wanted to try and build one but I can't even get the one I took apart back together lol anyway congratulations and good luck with the other build

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought this thread was going to be "My first time I carried a Glock instead of a 1911".... Guess not! Looks nice
HA! Ain't gonna happen.... ain't never gonna happen.
What you have is one of the GSR overrun slides I believe. When these slides came out the wannabe snob in me was like bleah..... now I find that I really dig them. I should have bought the GSR frame and slide sets from caspian when they were selling them cheap. I don't care for the controls but that's personal preference, looks like the beavertail came out nice and I actually like these EE guns. :D Did you go with an EZ fit Kart? Either way, kudos on taking on a build and putting together a nice 1911.

I'll betcha if you shoot steel challenge you'll want to open up that notch in the rear sight a bit.
That's exactly what I thought it was then. I'm much more of a traditionalist, so the style and the EE, I wasn't thrilled about... but for the price, it was a no-brainer. Now that I polished it up, I actually kinda like it. I picked up some new compound sticks Monday, and thought about polishing it again... it would look a bit better, but since I already have the sights on it, I hate to get residue all over them.

As for the controls, the SS and the thumb safety were just spares in my parts bin and will be swapped out as funds permit for extended pads.... I shoot thumbs forward and ride the safety, so the extended safety will make it much more comfortable.

Looks grate I have always wanted to try and build one but I can't even get the one I took apart back together lol anyway congratulations and good luck with the other build
Try it! It's not too bad, and there is enough knowledge on this forum and online to do it all.
thats pretty nice
Thanks!
Very nice looking job. I've always liked the two-tone look.

What is the screw on the right side of the slide?

The slide is a Series 80 slide, so the best I can figure is it has something to do with access to the S80 parts... put I didn't put any of them in it and the frame is a S70, so it works without them.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Missed a couple statements....

Yes, it's an EZ fit. I was going to go with the GS fit, but after talking to Barry, I figured I'd go with the EZ. I then spoke to Fred, the owner of Kart, and he asked me to include the EZ in the write up anyway to illustrate the fitting process.

I spent a lot of time on the beaver tail... trying to get it just right, and I think I'm pretty happy with it.

It's a very soft shooting gun, I really like it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom