My fully restored WASR-10

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonathanT

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure "restored" is the right term, but you did a nice job. Looks great.

I think restoration is an appropriate word, since it was unusable at the time. Barrel had holes in it, no functional gas block, etc.

I don't deal with old guns, but I am used to working with computers. So my idea of restoration is probably a bit different.

preokc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
DUDE! For a wasr that looks BANGING HOT! The smith did a good job!

+1 on that! Being an old fart and a serious AKholic for decades i can honestly say thats the sweetest WASR ive seen. Good job! I like too that you kept the true look of the rifle but yet made it look modern. I HATE when people take an AK an try to make look like an AR!

JonathanT

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on that! Being an old fart and a serious AKholic for decades i can honestly say thats the sweetest WASR ive seen. Good job! I like too that you kept the true look of the rifle but yet made it look modern. I HATE when people take an AK an try to make look like an AR!

Thanks! I'm very proud of it now that it's exactly the way I wanted. I was basically after a somewhat modernized AKM style, and I think this fits the bill perfectly. Overall it's somewhere between an AKM and the AK-103. Nothing too fancy, just a side-rail for mounting optics. Other than that, just vanilla AK features.

I feel a little ill every time I see a Kalashnikov with half a dozen rails and an M4 stock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom