My Glock 17 Gen 5 was stolen in Krebs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes the system does work. Had a friend that had some guns stolen here in Enid. Filed the police report and waited. I think it was at least two years later when he got a call from a Dallas area police detective that they had his pistol. Took it off someone they had arrested.

Good luck!!!

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good Luck, had a 1911 stolen 13 yrs ago still hasn't turned up. I knew who stole it and told Police. Some time later found out he sold it, told Police who he sold it to. Nothing, Notta, they didnt do a dang thing about it. The last person I knew to have it I confronted them about it and they denied having it only to sell a 1911 the next day. A friend informed me about the sale told him to go buy it but was to late already sold. Lost track of it after that

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Crazy Story, but I had a back up weapon stolen out of my vehicle at my home. I always take pics of any gun I buy so I have pic/SN. I filed a Police Report and was able to put SN in report. After a year, I was asked if I wanted to re-up the report - evidently it expires annually and you have to keep it active. Near the end of year 2 and I got a phone call from a Norman Police Detective to let me know that it was found. I was told that it was found in an apartment of a thief that was caught. The detective said that since it was a stolen firearm, it upped the charge from misdemeanor theft to a Felony...and I got my gun back.

That made me happy.

Last edited:

2AFarmer

Marksman
Reaction score
Update: I was just contacted by McAlester police. They just arrested a juvenile tonight and recovered my firearm. Apparently he has been arrested before and the DA is pursuing felony charges. Although I have to wait until the trial is over, I will eventually get my firearm back. I consider myself lucky as it has only been 10 days since the theft occurred and a lot of you have gone years before recovery (and some still haven’t been recovered). That being said I want to extend a sincere thank you to the hard working law enforcement agents, but also thank you to everyone who posted replies with your own stories or advice. It has helped tremendously and I am so excited to get my Glock back

Last edited:

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recovered mine, myself, the day they were stolen, caught the little bastards after the fact. Called the sheriff, deputies finally came on scene, I proved that the weapons were in fact mine, the thieves admitted they stole them ya so what.

No one went to jail, no charges nada. The deputies were kind enough to let me take my property back to my house that had been broken into.

DAs office told me, no charges, nothing will be done, leave them alone about it and if I dont like it, move.

**** the system we have, there is no justice.

Bruce G

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just make sure you report it stolen through your local PD or SO and they can enter that Serial No. into NCIC. I have seen guys have pretty good luck retrieving their stolen guns up to 3 years after the incident.

Latest posts

Top Bottom