My Oldest Sons Deer Hunt (video)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My oldest son shot this buck during the youth rifle season. It was the biggest and oldest of the 3 that showed up. It looked like he may have been past his prime in growing a nice full rack. It didn't really look like it had been broken off on that one side, it just looked like it didn't fully grow. When we skinned this deer, he had about 1" of fat on his body in some areas. I didn't weigh him, but I think he's the heaviest deer that Ive ever had to drag out. The field was muddy so we couldn't drive the truck out there. We had to drag him about 300 yards to the other side of the field where we parked. Even with the both of us pulling at the same time, it was a challenge!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great video and congrats to your son! You always make the greatest video's!
DRT and the other deer just stood there and watched. I've noticed that many times. If you drop one in their tracks, they don't seem to notice the shot. They mill around and then walk away. If one runs in a panic for 20-30 yds and then dies, the entire herd runs in a panic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom