My pal's range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Forgot how much I like shooting my ar.
I always seem to gravitate back to the 'ol AR myself. Feels good, shoots well and is always the same. I had a RPR in .308, got rid of it because it just didn't feel right. Love my AR's and Rem 700 .308 for just being darn good guns. Thinking about a 6.5, but the difference between that and my .308 is really negligible in my hands. Glad you had fun today. After a week in Detroit you deserved it.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always seem to gravitate back to the 'ol AR myself. Feels good, shoots well and is always the same. I had a RPR in .308, got rid of it because it just didn't feel right. Love my AR's and Rem 700 .308 for just being darn good guns. Thinking about a 6.5, but the difference between that and my .308 is really negligible in my hands. Glad you had fun today. After a week in Detroit you deserved it.
I was really impressed with his AR Colt 308. That thing is accurate as hell. But, he's had it for some time and has matched his loads pretty good for it.
I shot the 129 grain Hornady today and did pretty good at 300 with the 6.5. Really needs to be re-zeroed after everything I've done to it. Will float the barrel and be done with it (I think). Then it will be just getting to the loading process.
Next week I'm going to help him set permanent bench at 750 (max until we/he does some dozier work and push back trees.
Shooting the 3 target auto reset was fun. We had it at 17 yards but If you hit the first one low it would not go down and stay with my 9 mm. It would just go down and come back up. Will try some 124 grain next and see how it works with that
We had a 4 round challenge that was fun. Four rounds in you mag and if you have to use the 4th round, you put a buck in the pot. If you only get two, and the other guy gets all three in three shots, it's two bucks in the pot.
Five total go rounds and what ever is in the pot goes for dinner on top. We split the balance of the tab so no big deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom