My rear end hurts very very bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't even go there guys and girls

Well as most of you Sept 15, 2011 I was injured very badly by an RPG and small arms fire in Afghanistan. Well it's been pretty rough over the last year and to top it off last week I was walking backwards with my daughter( there both learning to walk ) and fell on my rear end. Well it became bruised and little did I know it moved a small piece of shrapnel in the right half of my u know what. So I went to the doc and they said a broken tail bone. Well they were wrong, I have now have an open 3.5in incision in my crack to the right that it's 6in deep and it has to be packed daily. This is the worst pain Ive ever been through. All because of a little piece of shrapnel. It got so infected in just a couple days it blew my mind. Who knew a little tiny fall could end up causing so much pain. And it looks like I'll miss the fair so someone please have a corndog for me.

Also I will never forget the support from OSA I had while in ICU in Germany, and not to mention the current member in Germany that offered to take me out if I got the chance to leave the hospital!!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, my thoughts and prayers go out for you for two reasons. One for your obvious dilemma as a result of the fall and the other is because you have daughters with the expected grey hair that is destined to come your way.

Good luck to you and may the infection soon be gone.

Also, thanks for your service.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Praying for you.

My dad has shrapnel in his shoulder from Vietnam and only trouble I know of us in 1990 when he had cancer, the Cat scan or X ray had the Doctor confused. Dad had to tell him what it was.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks! My wife called me crazy for posting that, I said with the pain I'm not embarrassed in any way, I can't even set down and I walk like a penguin. The infection is gone just waiting for it to heal from the inside out.

YakBasser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope Your recovery goes well and is as Quick as Possible. Ouch! I had a similar surgery and the wife at the time had to keep it packed with gause soaked in Betadine (nasty brown stuff), and change it every so often utill it healed from the inside out. Yours sounds alittle worse, mine was 3" deep and 2" wide. That was about 10yrs ago and I can still feel the scar tissue when I set just right. Usually when Im on the ground under a freakin airplane. AND yes, Thanks for Your Service!

P.S. when I finally returned to work, I was given a New Nickname due to the nature of the surgery although they didnt fully understand it, and I wasnt about to show them. They started callin Me "two-tone" :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom