my son is thinking about joining the national guard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son is thinking about joining the national guard. He has a bsme and is 33 yrs old. Also has msie.
We're on the brink of an all out nuclear war, not a good idea, IMHO, don't let him sacrifice himself for a corrupt mob of greedy criminals, 58,000 lost their lives in Vietnam because of that, look how well that turned out. To give your life to save your country is an absolute honor, to give it to enrich a hand full of greedy politicians is a horrible waste.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
We're on the brink of an all out nuclear war, not a good idea,
A little cowardly, but whatevs
It's the OK National Guard....he's pretty far back on the burner for sacrifice. There are hundreds of thousands more before his number would get called.
Besides, picking which war you wanna serve in doesn't work out, you're gonna go or not go if you serve. If you don't wanna go to some sh*thole, then don't go in.

Choprzrul

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At 56, knowing what I know now, I would tell my 20 year old self about to join the Army Reserves to go get a BS and then join the Coast Guard as an officer. Spend 25 years, retire at 58, and spend your mornings sipping coffee on the porch of the house you bought during those 25 years...

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We're on the brink of an all out nuclear war, not a good idea, IMHO, don't let him sacrifice himself for a corrupt mob of greedy criminals, 58,000 lost their lives in Vietnam because of that, look how well that turned out. To give your life to save your country is an absolute honor, to give it to enrich a hand full of greedy politicians is a horrible waste.
Yikes!

I wonder how many lives that saved OUR country for an “opinion” like this would regret that someone posted this?

The real horror is that you shared what goes thru the mind of a citizen in the greatest country in the world who won’t defend it?

Bizarro.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This is funny, it's like no one lived through or has bothered to study the 70s and 80s when the superpowers literally had their fingers hovering over the button and 20 year old privates in West Germany were in charge of live nuclear artillery shells.

What a joke. We are nowhere as close as we have been.

Thank God we still have hundreds of thousands of young people willing to serve our country in the military.

Latest posts

Top Bottom