NAA small revolvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a NAA Pug with Big Dot Xs front sight that I sent back to NAA to have the .22LR cylinder fitted. All data I have seen suggests that a 40gr projectile, whether LR or Mag, from such a short barrel has a speed variance that is negligible and the increased blow by from the cylinder while shooting .22mag is an annoyance on the support hand. I have been able to maintain decent accuracy (8" plate/head) at 5-7yds with both calibers of ammo, emptying the cylinder in under 3 seconds. As with anything, practice helps. The only cons I have found is the capacity, anemic calibers, and having to remove the cylinder to reload.

sigforum.com_movedimages_para_naa_pug.jpg

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depending on how you carry them...I think they are pretty awesome!

This thread reminds me that I need to list the .22lr version that I have, I wear the .22 Mag as a buckle and it looks fake.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the 22mag pug i carry daily, I picked it up at a auction last year for $100 so i use it as my backup since it dont take much room to conceal. But if you are going to hit anything with it it has to be close or real big.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
I'm pretty darn accurate with my mini-master out to about 10 to 15 yards, 4" barrel though.

I wish that NAA would make a convertible sidewinder on a magnum(master, widow, pug) frame with a 3" barrel.

A top break in this configuration would be pretty sweet, too:

bt1.jpg

bt3.jpg

BTW, anybody seen the NAA Talo Tucker Trailmaster DE?

naa_22M-CRKT-4.jpg

naa_22M-CRKT-2.jpg

[video=youtube_share;gqluzY4LNvg]http://youtu.be/gqluzY4LNvg[/video]

http://www.taloinc.com/north-american-firearms/tucker-trailmaster

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I often carry a Kahr PM9, but there are many occasions when that's not an option so I drop a NAA .22 mag in my pocket. I have a pug with 2 1/2" barrel. I had heard the stories about their inaccuracies, but really haven't experienced that. I can consistently hit a pie-plate sized target out to 30' or so and I figure that's good enough for me. I added the folding grip/ holster thingy and it did help with stability and ability to shoot it more accurately.

The quality on these little revolvers is actually pretty darn good. The only drawback to them is the reloading, but I think the pug is much easier (faster) to reload than the rounded-pin style. Plus, you do have 5 shots, that's a helluva lot better than a 2-shot derringer.

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
I often carry a Kahr PM9, but there are many occasions when that's not an option so I drop a NAA .22 mag in my pocket. I have a pug with 2 1/2" barrel. I had heard the stories about their inaccuracies, but really haven't experienced that. I can consistently hit a pie-plate sized target out to 30"(thirty feet, not inches, right?)

The only drawback to them is the reloading, but I think the pug is much easier (faster) to reload than the rounded-pin style. Plus, you do have 5 shots, that's a helluva lot better than a 2-shot derringer.

It's an expensive option, but you can get extra cylinders from NAA to make reloading less of a PITA, but you have to send the frame in to have it factory fitted.

It hasn't been mentioned yet, but NAA has excellent customer service and stands behind their products 110%.

I'm pretty sure if you have an old style cylinder(no safety notches) they will cut notches or replace the cylinder if you send in your cylinder in free of charge.

I personally would not carry one of these that has a cylinder without the safety notches.

[video=youtube_share;VRE9MNOi0kk]http://youtu.be/VRE9MNOi0kk[/video]

Anybody installed a Laserlyte Venom?

[video=youtube_share;u0skC7JF4xQ]http://youtu.be/u0skC7JF4xQ[/video]

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on the safety notches. Allows carry with the hammer resting in between rounds and cocking the hammer rotates the cylinder half a movement into alignment with the round.

When I sent my PUG off to have the 22lr cylinder fitted, it cost me $55-60 ($10ish shipping each way and $35-40 for the cylinder) but I was an employee at a FFL holder so I could use USPS instead of FedEx/UPS and didn't have any tacked on labor since I handled the shipping myself. I believe it is close to $100 shipping it to them yourself.

warmep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom