NAA small revolvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I often carry a Kahr PM9, but there are many occasions when that's not an option so I drop a NAA .22 mag in my pocket. I have a pug with 2 1/2" barrel. I had heard the stories about their inaccuracies, but really haven't experienced that. I can consistently hit a pie-plate sized target out to 30' or so and I figure that's good enough for me. I added the folding grip/ holster thingy and it did help with stability and ability to shoot it more accurately.

The quality on these little revolvers is actually pretty darn good. The only drawback to them is the reloading, but I think the pug is much easier (faster) to reload than the rounded-pin style. Plus, you do have 5 shots, that's a helluva lot better than a 2-shot derringer.

Let me give you the disadvantages
1. Hard to hold and control and I have small hands
2. Single action
3. You have 5 shots you won't be reloading this one at it's intended distances

Owned one shot it well at 10 ft but you have to really hold it well and I could never shoot it well fast. I can't imagine my bug in close quarters with theses issues. You'll get 1 shot. Everything everyone else said is true and they are cool but not with my life under stress is at stake.

I'd purchase a small semiauto like the p3at.drying isn't worth cool
I have to or purchase one with big grips this isn't close to my first option you could be dead before the bg expires. .380 and 38 is the bare minimum for me

My.02 cents

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
we chrono'd dads magnum. i think we got around 1250 fps with cci maxi mags. shameless plug, i've got one of the big belt buckles for sale. its been worn and some of the chrome is coming off the back side and the metal is oxidizing. make me an offer. this is the real redneck deal right here and no, it wasn't me that wore it!

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry mine in my T-shirt pocket. Gotta be careful though, you can forget it's there and carry to places you really shouldn't. They also carry well in the watch pocket on jeans. Most ammo will not expand through milk jugs, but I got some expansion with Hornady Critical Defense and Winchester PDX. That's with the little 1.125 inch barrel. I put the larger rubber grips on mine, makes a world of difference. The SA doesn't bother me, since that's the only action I shot for years and years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom