National ‘assault weapon’ ban coming Thursday (Today)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The biggest threat to the safety of American's is the collapse of the US Dollar due to massive government debt. We can't pass a budget, I bet this won't pass either.

runnin17

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is actually rather sickening that it has even come this far. I am really hoping that at least some liberals will realize how incredibly unconstitutional this proposed bill is.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taken from another article, but it still holds merit:

"Even were the Senate to summon 60 votes (unlikely), and even were Mr. Boehner to risk the renewed wrath of his caucus by moving such a bill (crazy unlikely), any legislation would fall to members such as Virginia's Bob Goodlatte (who runs the Judiciary Committee) and Pete Sessions (who runs the Rules Committee). Mr. Goodlatte is strong on gun rights. Mr. Sessions is from Texas."

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons-ban-summary

"All semiautomatic pistols that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature: threaded barrel; second pistol grip; barrel shroud; capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip; or semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm."

bye bye glocks, berretta 92s, cz-75s, 1911s and some i probably cant think of right now.

Ummmmm...

No.

None of those models you mention have any of the features that would ban them. At least not the ones I own or have owned which includes everything in your list except the Beretta and my dad had one of those and it doesn't have any of the banning features either.

In fact if the stupid ban passes as written and as it was pointed out to me by Pak-40 since the 1911 standard mag is 7 or 8 rounds depending on the model the demand for it should skyrocket.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ummmmm...

No.

None of those models you mention have any of the features that would ban them. At least not the ones I own or have owned which includes everything in your list except the Beretta and my dad had one of those and it doesn't have any of the banning features either.

In fact if the stupid ban passes as written and as it was pointed out to me by Pak-40 since the 1911 standard mag is 7 or 8 rounds depending on the model the demand for it should skyrocket.

All semiautomatic pistols that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature: threaded barrel; second pistol grip; barrel shroud; capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip; or semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

glock 17 > glock 18, beretta 92 > beretta 93r, cz75 > cz75 automatic....

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ummmmm...

No.

Actually...it says any pistol with a detachable magazine and one of the following features.....including "a semi-auto version of an automatic firearm."

Since glock and beretta both have automatic versions, I think it could be interprete those as being illegal under this legislation.

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO... the big problem with handguns would be the magazine limitations. The Glock 17 is a fine pistol but it changes the equation if it is limited to a ten round magazine.

I'm old enough to have owned guns during the last ban. And the mag limit had the effect of moving people towards the larger cartridges. There was a real resurgence in .45 ACP back then. If you can only have ten... might as well make them bigger ones!

Gregg

Latest posts

Top Bottom