National Park filming requires a permit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexFinn

New to the site!
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that information, swampratt! It's essential for filmmakers, even individuals, to be aware of the permit requirements when filming in National Parks. These regulations help maintain the natural beauty and integrity of these areas. And yes, it's interesting that even social media posts can fall under this requirement.

AlexFinn

New to the site!
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that information, swampratt! It's essential for filmmakers, even individuals, to be aware of the permit requirements when filming in National Parks. These regulations help maintain the natural beauty and integrity of these areas. And yes, it's interesting that even social media posts can fall under this requirement.

If you're passionate about filmmaking and cinematography, you might want to explore opportunities like the 1-year cinematography course offered by Cinematography Course - Prague Film Institute. It can provide valuable knowledge and skills to those looking to delve deeper into the world of film. Your tax dollars indeed contribute to preserving these beautiful locations.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All the “freedom” you want - so long as you meet the government’s requirements, pay their fees, and obtain their permits.
This is a good and a bad thing. I’ll take it what it’s for. Protect the parks that are under funded. I have been to these federal parks and they are under funded. The good thing is that veterans can apply and get park passes for life. I’m guessing some of that money is going to that.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're passionate about filmmaking and cinematography, you might want to explore opportunities like the 1-year cinematography course offered by Cinematography Course - Prague Film Institute. It can provide valuable knowledge and skills to those looking to delve deeper into the world of film. Your tax dollars indeed contribute to preserving these beautiful locations.
Hey @swampratt I wanted to make sure you saw this exciting offer from AI bot Alex.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a buddy rent his facility out to a in-state independent film guy. They wanted to film a scene with fake smoke from a building burning. So they asked the city if they needed a permit or anything. The city folks told them they weren’t sure and would get back with him (they didn’t). He said they just did it after waiting a couple days with no response.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that if most folks were to visit National Parks they would see why this rule is going into effect. Yes, I think it's directly aimed at influencers - you know, the ones who don't pay attention to the signs of not walking on the tundra so can get to a spot for a great picture, don't get close to the bison, don't feed the animals, don't get off the boardwalk path, etc....

What will be tough is enforcement. If someone isn't breaking any other park rules, how can an official determine if one is taking a pic for personal vs commercial use? Now if they are dancing in front of someone else filming while a bison is in the background, kinda easy to identify.

We've experienced a lot of this when traveling abroad too. Hiking the Dolomites on established trails with quite a few people but never failed we would have to stop and wait or walk around someone doing a video or taking multiple pictures/selfies just with them doing different poses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom