Need A Suggestion For A Shotgun Flashlight...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Remington 870 Tactical Should Be Back To Me This Week. I Am Wanting To Put A Flashlight On It, Anyone Got Any Recommendations For One.

I Have Seen The Ones That Replace The Pump Handle, Do They Allow You To Use Any Certain Type Of Flashlight Or Do They Come With One?

Anyone Got Any Good Recommendations?

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A good option is the Surefire forend that replaces the factory forend. It comes with a built in light but it is pricy.

Another good option is the Streamlight TLR-1.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok Thanks For The Info, You Are Right They Are Not Cheap. It Also Seems Surefire Must Dictate Pricing As All Of The Web Prices Are The Same As There Sites Price.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok Thanks For The Info, You Are Right They Are Not Cheap. It Also Seems Surefire Must Dictate Pricing As All Of The Web Prices Are The Same As There Sites Price.

Check with some of our sponsors...maybe they can get you hooked up. I got mine years ago from a guy who specializes in lights over on ARFCOM...paid quite a bit less than the average internet price.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I had back all the moolah I had spent on dodads and whiz-bang crap that is suppossed to mount a light on my Mossberg 590, I would have MORE than enough to buy a Surefire.

Don't waste your time nor money on a bunch of bolt on ********. Go to Outdoor America Store, buy a Surefire forearm and have J.A. install it for you while you wait.

You'll thank me later. ;)

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With all due respect to GED and other proponents of the Surefire forend, I'd suggest you think about other options before plunking down the dough on the forend. I've used one in the past, and it wasn't my cup of tea. What you might consider would be a bolt-on or slip-on rail, like this one:

[Broken External Image]

Or this one:

[Broken External Image]

I've used the latter, and it's pretty nifty and low-profile in case you want to remove the tactical light. The only problem is, being mounted that far back and that close to the barrel, there's a shadow in the beam of light.

Latest posts

Top Bottom