I feel I do not need a Cell Phone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Swampratt said,"That phone would eventually quit asking if I am ok and just say REALLY again or just start laughing at me."

Reminds me of the commercial: "Help! I've fallen and can't get up!"

Maybe, just one of those do-dads that hang on your neck, so you can simply push a button when the time comes!

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Swampratt said,"That phone would eventually quit asking if I am ok and just say REALLY again or just start laughing at me."

Reminds me of the commercial: "Help! I've fallen and can't get up!"

Maybe, just one of those do-dads that hang on your neck, so you can simply push a button when the time comes!
Got my dad an iPhone and Apple Watch a couple of years ago. He did have a life alert. Both detect falls but the watch can be a curse. Now he calls me every time his heart rate goes up.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like you haven’t done it in the back of patrol car while probably wearing handcuffs. 😂

Oh HELL NO!!

1. HAVE YOU SEEN AN EPISODE OF COPS?!?!?!!? THEY PUT SOME FILTHY MFERS IN THE BACK OF THOSE CARS.

2. IF THOSE DOORS SHUT WE'D HAVE SOME SERIOUS 'SPLAINING TO DO.

3. I was 40 years old when I met the SOB and owned my own house. With a bed in it. 🤗

We DID almost do it in an elevator at the Capitol one Saturday morning. Almost. Lol I don't remember which one of us came to our senses but it probably wasn't me. 🤦🤷 Don't judge!! Y'all would have been tempted, too! Damned uniforms ... 😇😇😇 And besides -- he was a cutie back then. Truth be told he still has a cute ass ...😍😍😂

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no fear confronting people without a cell phone.
Never had one and still do not feel I need one.

Now if i could get internet and phone on a cell phone that will work without a land line and allow the wife to work from home on her computer that is used for her Tinker AFB work i would cut the cable to the house.

I do not feel like I am being tracked if I had a cell phone it is just something i do not NEED.
If i can save money then it is a NEED.

I did not get any type of wedding ring when i got married.
No need for a shiny rock that is uber overpriced.
Now If I could make money off of it then yea.

I do not own a watch. They break on me and I pretty much know what time it is.
And if I am supposed to be somewhere i usually leave from the house and clocks are everywhere and having a watch will not speed me up.I will get there when I arrive.

Maybe because I live under a rock I feel some things are not warranted for me.

I bet I could make money off a cell phone though as there are apps for doing all kinds of things like UBER and other various things where a phone is needed.

Even if a cell was given to me and the plan paid for i would not like to have one.
I just have not got there yet.
I just got over the cassette replacing the 8 track.
You and my hermit cousin are going to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st Century.

He has a flip phone from the 90s and had to get another phone because 3G went away. He bought another flip type phone and the plan he was on came with an Iphone he will not get out of the box.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You and my hermit cousin are going to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st Century.

He has a flip phone from the 90s and had to get another phone because 3G went away. He bought another flip type phone and the plan he was on came with an Iphone he will not get out of the box.

OMG! I didn't know you were related to Grumpy!! He had a meltdown any 2-year-old needing a nap would have been proud to throw when they told him they couldn't fix his flip phone. It was SO old they didn't make batteries for it anymore. And THEN he asked them what they would give him for trade-in.

That poor kid ... He looked like a deer in the headlights and said VERY sheepishly "Ahhhh, hmmmm, nothing. SIR!" 😂😂😂😂😂 I fell out!! Literally had to leave the store because I was snort-laughing SO hard I was blowing snot EVERYWHERE! 😂😂😂😂😂

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone whose car broke down 16 miles from town,,,
Will appreciate the cell phone for that.

I hoofed it that 16 miles in the dark,,,
Looking for a gas station with a pay phone.

I don't think I could walk 16 miles anymore.

I drive a new-ish dependable car,,,
But there is a 7 mile stretch and a 9 mile stretch between me and my home.

AAA is the main reason I have a cell phone,,,
It's the main reason but the convenience is another.

Just last month a friend was helping me with a large plumbing problem,,,
I was inside the house and he was outside working on the pipes.

I started to develop a signal system so we could communicate,,,
But remembered we both had phones in our pockets,,,
What a difference technology makes these days.

Aarond

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well here's another couple that didn't spend the money on wedding rings. Why?? I would just lose it and I've ALWAYS believed if a man was gonna cheat on me a little bitty gold band wasn't gonna slow him -- have you SEEN the divorce rate for cops??

Hell it hasn't been that long ago a Trooper up by Tulsa was caught doing hookers in the back of his patrol car. His wife couldn't divorce him fast enough when that hit the news. 🤷 (Personally I don't blame her. In the back of the patrol car? Really? On the side of the highway?? You couldn't spring for the $25 day rate at the local Days Inn?? Sheesh ...)

I didn't want a cell phone but Grumpy wouldn't hear it. Sigh. And I have to admit it has come in handy. So ... Man I dunno the answer to any of these questions. Lol (And my phone is dying -- 8% -- so I'll "see" y'all tomorrow! Night! 😘
LOL

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve used Apple Smartphones since they were first introduced. When I was working, I carried a Beeper 24/7 and had a Carphone installed in my truck. When Smartphones arrived, I shucked the Carphone. Smartphones provide direct telephone communication via speech or text, document transfer, research, word processing, document files, education, videoconferencing, calculators, mapping and gps, photography, video information sources such as YouTube, audio and audiovisual entertainment (Netflix, PrimeVideo, Max etc), access to forums (such as this), shopping, selling, tracking, access to emergency services, and so on….. Smartphones offer a lot more services and conveniences than the old PDAs and they are a lot more comfortable to carry around than a notebook or laptop pc. One would require a mobile office van to provide the features that a smartphone can offer in your pocket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom