I feel I do not need a Cell Phone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no fear confronting people without a cell phone.
Never had one and still do not feel I need one.

Now if i could get internet and phone on a cell phone that will work without a land line and allow the wife to work from home on her computer that is used for her Tinker AFB work i would cut the cable to the house.

I do not feel like I am being tracked if I had a cell phone it is just something i do not NEED.
If i can save money then it is a NEED.

I did not get any type of wedding ring when i got married.
No need for a shiny rock that is uber overpriced.
Now If I could make money off of it then yea.

I do not own a watch. They break on me and I pretty much know what time it is.
And if I am supposed to be somewhere i usually leave from the house and clocks are everywhere and having a watch will not speed me up.I will get there when I arrive.

Maybe because I live under a rock I feel some things are not warranted for me.

I bet I could make money off a cell phone though as there are apps for doing all kinds of things like UBER and other various things where a phone is needed.

Even if a cell was given to me and the plan paid for i would not like to have one.
I just have not got there yet.
I just got over the cassette replacing the 8 track.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Now if i could get internet and phone on a cell phone that will work without a land line and allow the wife to work from home on her computer that is used for her Tinker AFB work i would cut the cable to the house.

I do not feel like I am being tracked if I had a cell phone it is just something i do not NEED.

And if I am supposed to be somewhere i usually leave from the house and clocks are everywhere and having a watch will not speed me up.I will get there when I arrive.

I bet I could make money off a cell phone though as there are apps for doing all kinds of things like UBER and other various things where a phone is needed.

Even if a cell was given to me and the plan paid for i would not like to have one.
"Now if i could get internet and phone on a cell phone that will work without a land line and allow the wife to work from home on her computer that is used for her Tinker AFB work i would cut the cable to the house.

If i can save money then it is a NEED."

Yes your phone can provide internet service for any laptop, that would allow her to work from home.

Even with no apps, your phone location can be pinged by 911 for emergencies. Most apps have the ability to know your current location, they can be turned off though. It would be a chore but I'm pretty sure you could own one without being tracked as far as apps go.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes your phone can provide internet service for any laptop, that would allow her to work from home.
Will it be fast enough and "secure" as she runs 3 screens.
Not that my land line is fast as it is NOT.

I think here lies the issue unless there is a way around it.

Can you plug your phone into a government computer?

According to Air Force Instruction 33-200, Cyber Security Program Management, and Air Force Manual 33-283, Communications Security, unapproved devices such as smartphones and thumb drives may not be plugged into a government network.Jul 6, 2016

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

You're my hero. Not many people have the self discipline to not buy stuff they don't need. I certainly don't. I doubt cell connection is fast enough to run a computer. I've tried it on video streaming to my tv and it's not. That's 5G connection in the city. I have no doubt you would find many ways to make money with a cell phone if you decide to get one.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you plug your phone into a government computer?

According to Air Force Instruction 33-200, Cyber Security Program Management, and Air Force Manual 33-283, Communications Security, unapproved devices such as smartphones and thumb drives may not be plugged into a government network.Jul 6, 2016

You could use your cell phone as a mobile (wifi) Hotspot. Then connect the .gov laptop to the mobile Hotspot.
No physical connection.

Internet speed and bandwidth is dependent on cell phone plan and cell carrier limitations.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sampratt said: I do not own a watch. They break on me and I pretty much know what time it is.

I have not worn a watch in many many years. I broke too many working. So my watch is a pocket watch. Picture of my watch..........................featured in image.

I have not worn a wedding ring for years either.

Attachments

• iOS-10-Clock-Dark-Mode-iPhone-screenshot-001-2290666255.png
    iOS-10-Clock-Dark-Mode-iPhone-screenshot-001-2290666255.png
    425.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty much like @swampratt .

The wife said that we just had to have cell phones 10 or 15 years ago and with me being the good little husband that I am I got two 'talk only' flip phones.....she carries hers when she leaves home and mine very, very rarely sees the inside of my jeans pocket and just sits on the dinning room table collecting dust.

I guess she figured that I needed one and was just too dam cheap to purchase one on my own so my daughter-in-law that lives in Ga. gave me a new Verizon unlimited everything I-Phone 12 about 18 months ago and pays the monthly bill.....I couldn't tell you how to turn the thing off and on and mama just uses it to watch YouTube videos.

I'm completely happy with a desktop computer and a landline.....I have been kicking around the idea for 15 years or so about getting one of them answering machines things but just haven't made up my mind yet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom