I feel I do not need a Cell Phone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve used Apple Smartphones since they were first introduced. When I was working, I carried a Beeper 24/7 and had a Carphone installed in my truck. When Smartphones arrived, I shucked the Carphone. Smartphones provide direct telephone communication via speech or text, document transfer, research, word processing, document files, education, videoconferencing, calculators, mapping and gps, photography, video information sources such as YouTube, audio and audiovisual entertainment (Netflix, PrimeVideo, Max etc), access to forums (such as this), shopping, selling, tracking, access to emergency services, and so on….. Smartphones offer a lot more services and conveniences than the old PDAs and they are a lot more comfortable to carry around than a notebook or laptop pc. One would require a mobile office van to provide the features that a smartphone can offer in your pocket.
But most important of all, it allows you to look at the "Future Ex Wives" thread while on the crapper. I mean, why would you NOT have a cell phone. 😂 😂

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't like cell phones, it make me too accessible to other people who like to talk, talk, talk. I don't like to talk on the phone unless it's something significant and then it's a quick call and I hang up. Computers are another thing that irritate me, I spend too much time on one and I could be using my energy elsewhere being more productive.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only got a cell phone because the wife insisted I have one so she could get in touch with me, either to have me do something or ask what I was doing. Over the years, I went from simple flip phone to better and finally to smart phones. I now have one of Samsung's flip phones and it works well with the pouch I bought to carry on my belt. It doesn't stick out like most cell phone "holsters" to catch on door frames and such.

Oh, and for the record, the wife gets tired of hearing her phone give her notifications for text messages and e-mail, so she now turns her sound off, thus not allowing me to get in touch with her.

But honestly, I have found the smart phone to be a welcome device, although I use the "smart" much more than I use it as a phone.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m still learning the capabilities of the new iPhone pro max 15 that I activated last night vs the old IPhone 8+ I gave up.
The camera is worth it. Took a pic out the front window at our feeder to check the night vision quality.
Total darkness, no moon.
Danged if there wasn’t a buck standing out there.
There is a small porch light on.

IMG_2354.jpeg

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have enough health problems that my daughter insist that I keep it on me. I go cheap. Bought a Trackphone Galaxy A02s on a Black Friday sale for $75 and spend $25/mo for unlimited talk and text and 3gig data that carries over. Been doing this for awhile, mostly run it on wifi as much as I can so data tends to last unless I am using streaming audio in my truck while traveling

Latest posts

Top Bottom