Need Help choosing a range finder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osage48

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a range finder to use primarily with a rifle in the 200 to 500 yard range. I want to get a decent quality one, but don't want to break the bank. Anyone have one they can recommend?

J

Jckellison

I had three different sets of Swarovski Laser Guide 8x30's, and each pair had to be sent back... Would work for a few ranges, then would stop working. Pop the battery out and back in, they'd work for a few more ranges. Optic quality was excellent as bino's, but would beware as even their customer service reps would say "I've never heard of that happening."

Bought some cheap Nikon 500 yd rangers and haven't had a problem since.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm looking for one too. I have a RX-ii Leupold and it'll only read out to about 350 yards, but it's rated at 750 yards. Pretty disappointing, to say the least.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have Redfield Raider 550, good to 550 yds and know another fellow who has same model and is happy with his as I am with mine. Less expensive than most and Redfield is owned by Leupold now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom