Need help with a appraising a gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barratt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a stainless Colt 70 series, MK 4, 1911 (Good to very good condition.) After market grips, safety and grip safety.

All you 1911 guys what is a price. Thanks
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Thanks Guys and gals

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's several values for this, or any other firearm. Insurance replacement price, "Gun Values" book price, fair market value and of course the dreaded "wish" value (AKA GunsAmerica listing prices) that applies only to those that want to waste their time listing guns for prices that'll never sell (Like $600 Glocks).

I'm sure someone will post the appropriate values shortly, but I'd suggest searching recent FS posts here and at GT or similar forums to see what people are actually paying for them. Also, Gunbroker's "ended auction" search may shed light on a price.

Still have the original thumb safety and grip panels? Like cars, a stone stock pistol is sometimes worth more than a modified pistol.

If selling, a guess on selling price- $600ish and it'll go fast, $700 probably sell, $800 and it'll sit. For an insurance value, call your homeowners insurance.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those guy's are nuts, That gun is worth at least $50.00 And since they tried to screw you I will give you $100.00 so we guys on OSA won't look bad!!

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'll go $120 just because I've got money to burn. Seriously, what I do, is use gunbroker.com. They have a feature that allows you to search closed auctions. I'll go through the closed auctions for a particular gun and only look at the guns that actually sold. The overpriced ones that don't sell, shouldn't be considered. At least for me, this is a good way to get a fair market value, similar to what you would do if you were selling a house.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dangit boys!~ You can't just bid it up that fast. It spooks the prey. Now we have to wait for another sucker to come along. Honestly!

I like the gunbroker suggestion, but I say knock it down just a bit for local value. We are so gun poor here, stuff just sells a litte cheaper than most of the U.S.

Latest posts

Top Bottom