Need info on these old guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not big into guns, my neighbor was cleaning his garage and was about to take a hacksaw to them. The first one looks to be a Smith and Wesson (.32 or .38?) revolver, the barrel is bigger than the .22, it has a engraving that says trade mark with S&W in the center. Neighbor said it was his grandfathers, and neighbor is almost 60.
The second is a Luger .22. Says made in USA by Stoeger Arms.
I was told the S&W could be a Top Break?
I am planning on selling these or doing some trading for non gun related Items, I do not need these right now. any info and value info would be great.
I can provide serial numbers if that helps, here is a picture.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v693_biggreentj_photoguns.jpg

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The S&W probably used to be nickeled. The grips may well be fragile and possibly of value, if mother of pearl; I would leave them alone. Can't tell from image; could be .32 or .38 S&W caliber, which should be marked on the barrel.

The Stoger .22 has been out of production for 25 years or so. Not particularly valuable. They don't necessarily work well, in my experience. It does appear in better condition than many.

Tulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, I think its a .32 cal lemon squeezer from what I have found out. I have been told the value in this condition is between $200-900, I think the low side of that.I would like to find out what year it was, any way of finding that out?

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to put them in the classifieds, not looking to make alot of money, looking to barter.

Id say closer to the low end, but you never know. Neat looking pistol though.
Why in the hell would he take a hacksaw to them?! :ooh2:

Is he a gun hatin' liberal? Part of the "save the whales but kill the babies" group or something? :ugh2:

Jee-sus!!! :screwy:

My thoughts exactly.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What the heck, I'll go $125. and even come pick it up.

You are not allowed to post in our classifieds with such a low post count.

Seriously I would hold on to them until you get a real valuation for them and know where to market them.

Gunbroker presently has the 22 for sale from $395 to $650

Latest posts

Top Bottom