Need some help with a rifle sale.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
anyone know a lot about rifles that isn’t looking to buy? I need an honest rate from someone that isn’t going to lowball me. I’ve had many try before lol. Anyways, I’m needing to sell my AR15. Was my dads before he passed. He did some upgrades, not exactly sure what he upgraded. Perhaps firing pins and cosmetics?

I will sell the gun as is. Scope and all. Just from what you see, what do you think is a good asking price?

IMG_0038.jpeg

IMG_0037.jpeg

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
TGV has RRA Entry M4 rifles around the $600-$750+/- mark. Depending on the few extras and what people are willing to pay, I think a fair asking price is $750-$800 and negotiate.

If you want to get rid of it, start at $600. However, most of the cheap seats here will want to trade.

https://truegunvalue.com/rifle/rock-river-arms/price-historical-value

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The scope probably doesn't add a lot of value as it appears to be a budget scope like a Tasco or Simmons or something similar. It's mounted using really low-dollar rings. The handguard appears to be painted. The front sight is pretty useless with that scope setup.

I'd say maybe $650 - $700 if the rifle is all RRA.

Edited to add: There's a Bushmaster rifle for sale in the Classifieds for $575. No scope, but it has a carry handle which is worth at least what that scope is, if not more. That's probably a pretty good guide.

Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
The scope probably doesn't add a lot of value as it appears to be a budget scope like a Tasco or Simmons or something similar. It's mounted using really low-dollar rings. The handguard appears to be painted. The front sight is pretty useless with that scope setup.

yeah, I didn't even put the scope in any consideration...it scope looks like a $20 walmart crosman special. It's value is in gifting it away to someone in the cheap seats and making them feel good.

I think this was a truck gun with the dust on it...hence the cheap scope. It probably used to have a rear iron or a carry handle. The rifle's good though.

Last edited:

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Edited to add: There's a Bushmaster rifle for sale in the Classifieds for $575. No scope, but it has a carry handle which is worth at least what that scope is, if not more. That's probably a pretty good guide.
Oh, nothing on it is painted. My dad was big into guns and wouldn’t do that lol. He bought the desert gear online. As for the scope, I don’t know the quality, but I’ve used it a lot when we did shoot and it’s good. Doesn’t feel cheap and the rail rings are good quality. I have quite a few scopes as you can see with my EO-tech setup on my sig556. So I’m guessing if I was to put it in classifieds here, ask for $700?