Need some help with some Electronics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CODE_3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought these at an Estate Sale this weekend and I took a risk because I couldn’t test them. Anyway the top one powers on and just make a clicking sound and no power to the display. The CB I just need to connect it to a power source to see if it works or not. Please let me know if anyone can help me. Thanks

Attachments

• 38FCA902-6454-475A-A2E7-3971A06AEFDA.jpeg
    38FCA902-6454-475A-A2E7-3971A06AEFDA.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • EDEB08FC-4031-4595-90F1-B2418F8D7D5C.jpeg
    EDEB08FC-4031-4595-90F1-B2418F8D7D5C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 719FC920-8E91-49C5-95AB-520B20990D24.jpeg
    719FC920-8E91-49C5-95AB-520B20990D24.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought these at an Estate Sale this weekend and I took a risk because I couldn’t test them. Anyway the top one powers on and just make a clicking sound and no power to the display. The CB I just need to connect it to a power source to see if it works or not. Please let me know if anyone can help me. Thanks
The scanner plugs in to 120V? All you get is clicking sound? No display?

The CB you can power direct to any 12 volt battery.

Here is the kicker. I have a CB in my truck and except for long interstate trips, even in OKC channel 19 is dead Fred. With the advent of cell phones, CB's are for local truckers or truckers following each other down the road and skip riders. Do Not key the mike unless you have an antenna and check the SWR meter. You can blow a final transmitting transistor.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Uniden on top is a marine band radio for use on board a boat. If it's only "clicking" when using the wall wart power supply, that's because a wall wart isn't capable of delivering the required amount of power to operate, even in standby/receive only. It will require a power supply that can deliver at least 8 amps and more would be better. Please observe the previously posted warning about having an antenna connected that is designed to work at the marine band frequencies around 162 MHz.

CODE_3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Uniden on top is a marine band radio for use on board a boat. If it's only "clicking" when using the wall wart power supply, that's because a wall wart isn't capable of delivering the required amount of power to operate, even in standby/receive only. It will require a power supply that can deliver at least 8 amps and more would be better. Please observe the previously posted warning about having an antenna connected that is designed to work at the marine band frequencies around 162 MHz.
That's what I was thinking it wasn't getting enough power to it. Who can I contact to get these powered on and tested?

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking it wasn't getting enough power to it. Who can I contact to get these powered on and tested?
Any amateur radio operator is likely to have a capable power supply, if you should happen to know one. I see you are in Yukon so you might try the ICOM radio dealer on N. Sara Road:
Integrated Circuits
6200 N Sara Rd
Yukon, OK 73099
Phone: (405) 354-5348
Email: [email protected]

If it's the same guy from when I lived in Yukon, he's helpful. I bought a radio from him about 15 years ago.

CODE_3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any amateur radio operator is likely to have a capable power supply, if you should happen to know one. I see you are in Yukon so you might try the ICOM radio dealer on N. Sara Road:
Integrated Circuits
6200 N Sara Rd
Yukon, OK 73099
Phone: (405) 354-5348
Email: [email protected]

If it's the same guy from when I lived in Yukon, he's helpful. I bought a radio from him about 15 years ago.
Great thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom