Antique Muzzleloader Help Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieBoogaloo

The Trees are Whisperin
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've recently aquired an old girl in need of some help from an expert. It's an M1842 Pistol from 1848. Seems to be in superb condition, lock holds strong at both clicks, but - the percussion nipple is in less than ideal shape. the pitting and rust around it makes me worried i wont be able to properly replace it and return the weapon to a "serviceable" condition. I'd like the whole thing examined to ensure no risk of the bad kaboom, only the good.. even though I don't plan to use the gun... I do want to fire it at least once or twice with a light load.

Who's the best we got at these things? I'm not above going to OKC, but would obviously prefer to stay to the Tulsa side of things.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've recently aquired an old girl in need of some help from an expert. It's an M1842 Pistol from 1848. Seems to be in superb condition, lock holds strong at both clicks, but - the percussion nipple is in less than ideal shape. the pitting and rust around it makes me worried i wont be able to properly replace it and return the weapon to a "serviceable" condition. I'd like the whole thing examined to ensure no risk of the bad kaboom, only the good.. even though I don't plan to use the gun... I do want to fire it at least once or twice with a light load.

Who's the best we got at these things? I'm not above going to OKC, but would obviously prefer to stay to the Tulsa side of things.
@SPDguns in Stillwater

Fr Mulcahy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

For something that old, I would try The Rifle Shoppe in Wellston. Call first.

http://therifleshoppe.com/default.htm

OkieBoogaloo

The Trees are Whisperin
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any pics of the gun?
Heres a couple, i did forget the cardinal rule of pics or didnt happen...

Screen Shot 2024-01-04 at 11.59.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-01-05 at 12.01.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-01-05 at 12.00.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-01-04 at 11.59.25 PM.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom