Need suggestions for 20 ga pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiny68

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not an expert, but my wife (5'4") uses a Rem 870 youth synthetic. Stay by the bed with the magazine loaded with OO buckshot. Nice and short and easy to wheel around in tight spaces. Nice price too. Tim

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mossberg or Remington. Both manufacturers make 20 gauges with shorter barrels. Can't go wrong with either. You could could also cut a barrel back to an appropriate length if you locate a good used one.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remington 870 youth 20 ga. 21" barrel with a shorter LOP from the factory. I've wanted one for a while but have never put the money down.

Academy carries these pretty regularly.

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive heard the youth size guns kick a lot which makes sense seeing you have a lot less gun to absorb recoil. I know it costs much more but a 20 gauge 1100 with a short and long barrel could be a good option. She might actually like shooting the 1100

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I now use a Mossberg 20Ga. youth model due to all the surgeries I've had on my neck. I added an extra slipon recoil pad, while it provides additional protection, it also gives me a full 13" LOP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom